1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review JS Console

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by PrateekSaxena, Mar 12, 2007.

Hello :) ,

This might be a little bit off-topic but I would love it if I could get your reviews on this :rolleyes: . I have written a Console or a Logger if you may in JavaScript. This Console allows you to log information from you JS code that can be used for debugging purposes. The user can also add watches on variables and stuff.

This is for JS Developers. You can download it from here SF.net Download. You can see screenies over here Console Screenshots.
    I would like your feed back on the following :unsure: -
    • Features: I have added the features that I felt were useful. I was thinking of adding some CSS and PHP features too. If there are any features that you would like please tell me!
    • Bugs: Are there any bug that needs to be squatted immediately?
    • License: Currently it is under the MIT license, and that is only because it is the only License that I have read fully. Even thought it seems nice but that part that says that I allow the user to make sub license and stuff is not good :blink: . So is there any Open Source license that you know of that I can use??
    Thanks in advance for any help! I know that code is not good but I made this in like one and a half hours for a quick job and now I will be optimizing everything or js.console 1.5. :eek:

Thanks,
    Prateek

PrateekSaxena, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  2. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Will definitely try it. But there already already built in Error / Info / Msg loggers with Firefox and Opera.

I have tried it. Good work and I'm happy to know that you have decided to release it to the public domain.
    But I'm not satisfied with the result. I don't find any thing that is not available in the above browser's error consoles. Suggestions
    * It will be good if you could change the current design of the window
    * Ability to add user defined tabs will be great (as it is not available with the above consoles). Suppose I want to monitor every events on say 3 elements. If all those msgs come on the same tab, it will be difficult to separate. On the other hand, if I could create separate tab for each elements then it will easy for me to use. Hope you got my idea :)
    * Another useful feature will be the ability to resize / hide the window.

Go for GPL, if you want the code to remain open source for ever. No one (except the author) is allowed to use the script for proprietary use.

Aragorn, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. PrateekSaxena

PrateekSaxena Peon

Best Answers:
    You can hide the window by double clicking the word "Console", but this feature does not work in IE. I think you should wait for the second release, I am working on it right now! It is going to be extremely nice, with a lot of CSS related things too.

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will go through GPL for sure the part that it is for proprietary use only by thee author is very nice.

Thanks again for your feedback!

PrateekSaxena, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. SeLfkiLL

SeLfkiLL Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this like Firebug Lite? http://www.getfirebug.com/lite.html

SeLfkiLL, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  5. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to emphasize the ability to add tabs.
    Please confirm it. I am not 100% sure.
    Yep. Its a similar kind of script.

Aragorn, Mar 15, 2007 IP