1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review a Local (Indian) Business listing website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by pratik, Jun 29, 2020.

We have recently launched our site LocalgetsVocal
    LocalgetsVocal aims at presenting India’s very own and dynamic local brands, businesses and services with authenticity to create a one stop platform for homegrown talent.

Please do share your comments and feedback.

pratik, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Love the domain name, love the look of the directory, love that you're promoting local businesses.

Curious that the site is in English.

And for the bad stuff

sarahk, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  3. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Sarahk,
    Thanks for the detailed review.

1. CSS: I have made lot of custom CSS changes and have made it using the Custom CSS section under the theme options without touching the actual CSS file. Is it because of this the CSS codes are on the page rather then on the file?
    2. The theme default was PayPal and Stripe, both has limited user base in India. So had to use WooCommerce so that I could use a custom payment gateway.
    3. I have tried multiple options, but the speed does not seems to improve further. Even on Google Insight its score it low :( Could you please suggest some improvements.

Thanks

pratik, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Theme developers try to make it easy to use their themes and then lose their advantage by not writing the custom css to a separate file. If you change the theme it may be overwritten by upgrades so be careful if you make any changes.
    This takes forever to complete. What is it doing?
    upload_2020-7-24_11-15-27.png

sarahk, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe because it is probably the only language that will target most of the Indian population? So far as I know, there is no single Indian language that is more or less universally understood throughout India.

mmerlinn, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  6. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

We have developed a portal to support Local Indian Businesses. We would like to have some feedback / suggestions on the same.
    www.localgetsvocal.in
    Code (markup):
    LocalgetsVocal aims at presenting India’s very own and dynamic local brands, businesses and services with authenticity to create a one stop platform for homegrown talent.
    LocalgetsVocal, a comprehensive digital platform dedicated to indigenous businesses enables the audience to learn about, identity and engage with businesses and brands based on their preferences and need.

The online presence of a business listing on LocalgetsVocal is advantageous in ways more than one. It proves to be a single platform that enhances your reach to a wider audience turning them into potential customers and more receptive to future outreach.

Site is developed using WordPress.

pratik, Mar 11, 2021 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When I view a business the home button doesn't take me to the home page.

I'm a bit disappointed that you haven't thought to include a map and "search this area" functionality that we see on apps like AirBnB. Mumbai is a huge place and if I was looking for a home decor company (for example) I would want one near to me, not on the other side of a very large city.

sarahk, Mar 11, 2021 IP
  8. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the website design but you need to make some changes to the header image or add more categories so it will look cooler. But I have one thing to ask, I don't know it is only with me or someone else who also noticed it, your website's home page is loaded faster but when I open a new page or click on any listed business or page then it slows down my whole system.

Sumit_Singh, Mar 11, 2021 IP
  9. chilirepublic

chilirepublic Banned

Best Answers:
    Love your website! Its quite useful. You could help a lot of covid affected businesses as well.

chilirepublic, Mar 12, 2021 IP