1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reverse DNS and PTR

Discussion in 'Apache' started by riteshsanap, Sep 17, 2013.

Hello, I m trying to do Reverse DNS and PTR of my server, but it the documentation from cpanel i m unable to understand it, so i thought of getting help from experts here. I followed the Documentation till Editing the Reverse DNS Zone from here : http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/RdnsForBind

My Server has IPv4, the problem is the First and the Third Step, and in that result image shown on cpanel site, it has shown like 1 , 2 ,3 so Do i have to write their 123 in even in my cpanel or write the IP or reverse IP, its so damn confusing so please help

riteshsanap, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

You should contact your host to set up those records, as most of the time they are the only ones that can make those modifications (which happens outside of your server).

Chris

RHS-Chris, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. testu

testu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Chris. rDNS is done by your host normally. Some dedicated server providers allow customers to modify this from their server administration panel.

testu, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  4. BreezeHost

BreezeHost Member

Best Answers:
    If you have this option provided in your admin control panel then it is possible otherwise you have to contact your service provider and they will do it for you.

BreezeHost, Oct 3, 2013 IP