1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reverse analysis for keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Liminal, Oct 16, 2005.

Let's say I want to compete in a certain industry and find an established site that is clearly going to be my main competitor in that area. Besides "manually" studying their page titles and h1 tags, is there way to know what keywords bring the majority of traffic (or best optimized for) for the competitor site in question?

Thanks!

Liminal, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  2. Nick Vanderhoven

Nick Vanderhoven Peon

Best Answers:
    Not under normal circumstances. But i guess they won't get traffic for keywords that are not on their site, so you could write some script that filters the best keywords and combinations and check their rankings. Some seo programs filter the good keywords out for you, and some can check rankings for all of them.

But don't forget not only to look at competitors and choose your own keywords well for your own business.

Nick Vanderhoven, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  3. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    not 100% true, google seems to rank sites based on the amount of backlinks with keyword in anchor text more then a page that has the keyword stuffed in.

just-4-teens, Oct 20, 2005 IP