1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revenue from adsense more than your salary??

Discussion in 'Payments' started by dynn, Feb 8, 2006.

1. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know that's right!

MattEvers, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  2. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh .. :confused:

So you mean you didn't got 45k a month by just posting in forums ? :eek:

Cristian Mezei, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, I spent $45k last month... Insurance, my mortgage, employees, telco/bw, advertising, electric, gas, etc... I had a $18k property tax bill this year! Ouch.. Running a business is expensive. SEO is not my only hat. Of course you know that cause you are in the same boat. As long as more comes in than goes out, that's all that matters.

Mia, Feb 22, 2006 IP
    Henny likes this.
  4. Gold_Hunter

Gold_Hunter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah......Adsense is my salary too....:D

Gold_Hunter, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  5. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i was trying to make a joke back there :p

We all know the implications of a successfull business.

Let's say "making money, requires money" is true. :)

Cristian Mezei, Feb 22, 2006 IP
    execute likes this.
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Gotcha!

Mia, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  7. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not insult you... I was saying that usually people that claim their site is better, and someone asked Why would they lie... and i said to boost their ego. I didn't say mia is trying to boost her ego. Ok??? Stop twisting my words and delibrately misunderstanding me.

I didn't insult ANYONE in this thread, all i said was i refuse to believe it until proof. Is this really something thats insulting??? Because it definately is not. But when you reply to me angrily saying words like "bitch" and saying thati moan, and telling me i'm "NO WHERE" that's what insulting is. I didn't offend you in any way. I think i deserve an apology. If you misunderstood me honestly, then I apologize for typing something that may have led you to a wrong conclusion. But i did not insult anyone.

I find it hard to believe. And since you guys love to show no proof, i find it hard to believe again. I can care less about Alexa ranking, because that depends more an Age than anything. And yes i never had a site that is more than 2 years old, so yes I am not as experienced. But just because i'm inexperienced doesn't mean i dont have a right not to believe. Instead you should post some stat scr shots, if you feel thats your business, then don't i dont care, but don't go out trying to insult me and red-rep me all day long.

execute, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  8. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    good work, mia!

guys don't get so mad at execute.. some time ago I probably wouldn't believe that too, but now I see there's nothing easier than making 15K/month on adsense :)
    jk, it's not that simple of course, takes lots of forum posting lol

expertu, where did you get this cool picture :D :D lol

uhhh, I can't believe I just read the whole thread..

DomainMagnate, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  9. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    all i wanted was some proof... was that so much to ask??? wow

execute, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  10. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Salary? What's that?

noppid, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand you, but you know, it's not very polite asking for proof, unless a person is trying to sell you something of course :rolleyes:

DomainMagnate, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  12. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    How is it not polite? I didn't say prove to me that you are not a bastard. I didn't use any insulting terms. I just asked for proof if indeed people really made that much money. Only Corporations and very rarely is there sites like that, Mia seems to be one of the lucky rare people that make that much... I just wanted to know for sure, it is not disrespect. What's disrespectful is when Mia starts cursing at me and trying to insult me.

execute, Feb 23, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  13. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Not singling any one out, but sometimes people say one thing and do another.

Examples:
    - Trashing scrapper site owners, but has a vast collection of their own.
    - Say they are making a million dollars a day, but don't even have a site.

Sometimes with everyone saying stuff that is great about themselves, some people want to see the facts. So, I can understand some people being very frustrated hearing how well others are doing, and doing badly themselves. "Just the Facts Ma-am."

later,

tom

TommyD, Feb 23, 2006 IP
    corinaw likes this.
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    ^ That pretty much sums it up.

Mia, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah people say all kinds of stuff online, but mia and will are probably telling the trut

althought neither of them is really making enought to really brag about it :D

ferret77, Feb 23, 2006 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I agree with ferret!

I am actually fairly new at this. I started doing web sites for money in January of '04. I have a lot to learn and a lot of room to grow.

In January of '04 I made $48.69 on the web. But, I saw the potential. That's what I'm saying here: See the potential.

Will.Spencer, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  17. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    oh come I thought I remember you posting on how you were writing FAQs for sites since the beginning of the internet

ferret77, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not bragging. I own an ISP, that is my claim to fame. I've been online doing ISP related stuff since 94 building web sites, and started my ISP in 97. When AdSense came out I plopped some ads on a web site I maintain for my dad and made $300 the first month. He (my dad) went nuts one day when he noticed all these adds on his site. The check came we never looked back. My main income from AdSense was originally derived from high traffic sites we already had. SEO (prior to me knowing there was a name for it) was something that came natural given we were already unknowingly doing it. The purpose was to get web sites ranked to drive traffic so our customers would make money.

So since all that was needed was already in place, AdSense was a good fit. Shortly after that I found myself building other high content sites centered around things I liked or that interested me already. Throw AdSense on them, and away you go.

I got into this because in a way, I was already into it. I just found the extra income a nice perk. Now I use my knowledge to monitize other sites and show other ISP's how they can suppliment their income stream by reaching from within. Meaning, maximize your income by utilizing sources that already exist. Of course I continue to build new sites for the express purpose of driving traffic to advertisers.

I've had a lot of advantages in this business that others that are just getting started do not. For one, since I have my own ISP and data center, I have plenty of bandwidth, servers, IP's, etc., at my disposal. I already have programmers, technical writters, web designers, etc., at my disposal.

Had I the opportunity to do it over again, I would skip the overhead and just pay someone else for the hosting space, and reap the rewards. For now I am just continuing to maximize revenue in existing areas both for my company and my customers. There are a lot more people out there making a lot more than me, Will, and others. I spend 90% of my time figuring out how. I find it more productive to suck it all in, than bitch about why I can't do that.

I certainly do not know it all, but what I do know, I think, no, I am quite confident I do very well. I also equally know what I do not do well. I'll share just about anything with anyone, and believe me, many people have messenged me from this board, and I have always tried to respond to them. There are many things I will not share however. Statistical data, what all my web sites are, and how much I make in total. With all due respect, this is my livelyhood, and some things I do not feel obligated to share. I think most people can respect that.

Mia, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, very old to technology, fairly new to making money via the web.

Will.Spencer, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  20. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    :(

this thread makes me depressed. i knew how to spend $1k a month though.

devin, Feb 23, 2006 IP