1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revenue from adsense more than your salary??

Discussion in 'Payments' started by dynn, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats my dream *keeps working*

My sites are my only job... dont plan on getting anything else unless i get bored... then ill make use of the degree im currently studying for (physics)

Seiya, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  2. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    I truly doubt there are too many websites that is run by some web developer alone, that gets more than 20,000 a day. Usually the people who claim that, claim it, but will never tell us their site, i guess they're afraid we're gonna offer them advertising deals or something.

20,000 a day is definately possible. But very rare. Usually its sites like phpfreaks or digitalpoint---that level of a large community... that get 20,000+++.

If i am truly wrong, please prove it thanks :)

execute, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  3. bubblejet

bubblejet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good post Execute. I also would like to see some urls of these 20000 visits/day sites managed by only one person.

bubblejet, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  4. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    damn i wonder what kind of website do you guys have

chachacallis, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  5. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Does 20000 visits across 20 different websites count? :rolleyes:

fgs, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's not entirely true. I have a site that gets 400,000 page requests per day and it does not make a 5th of what another site I have that gets about 2,000 pages views a day.

It's a bit more complex than what you suggest. It takes more than just traffic ;) YMMV.

Mia, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  7. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    Yet another claim, with no proof, and no url. It's really hard to believe. Unless its run by someone with a lot of money to spend, or an amazing idea, or a company that's sole purpose is to make money from a website alone.

execute, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Feb 21, 2006 IP
    TommyD and Sharpseo like this.
  9. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    No statistics though. I can also claim random high numbers with no evidence... I think it's just people like to brag, and exaggerate.

execute, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You are feeding a lot of bad information in this thread. There are a lot of newbies here (yourself included). I would suggest you take it all in. Just listen once and a while instead of getting on your pompous high horse. I do not have to provide stats to you. Start doing searches for key words like, "mccoy", "mccoy pottery", "pottery", and look where the site comes up. Do a whois and see how long the site has been around. It's a niche site, but it is very popular, and generates a huge amount of traffic. Not everyone here is making things up.

There are a lot of smart people here willing to help and share ideas and their experience. With your attitude, you are going to find yourself right where you are currently. NO WHERE. Grow up.

You asked for a site, I gave you one. I am willing to share just about anything with anyone here if they ask, but I am not going to share statistical data on sites that generate revenue for me, especially when you do nothing but knock anyone who claims they have high traffic.

SEO is not rocket science. It's more about having paticence, listening to others, building good content, and focusing on working hard, not bitching and crying foul everytime you hear someone has accomplished something.

Stop wasting everyones time and listen for a change.

Mia, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  11. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    If you kept your Job you would have earned more...i.e your salary plus your website money. :D

Indian, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  12. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That one never knows...
    If you stay at home you can work on your websites all day...
    If you keep your day job you have few time to the websites so you possibly can be loosing some money :)
    That is just my opinion of course

Jarodboy, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  13. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    I like how you talk about maturity but use derogatory terms. And i like how you say I have an attitude, when all i did was portray another point of view on the subject, and all you do is yell at me with an angry attitude. You need to calm down.

You don't show proof so how do you expect people to believe you? I'm sure a lot of people do have high traffic sites, i never said they don't. But there is a lot of people that claim they do, but really are just exaggerating to boost their ego. And since you refuse to provide even the slightest bit of stats, it is further evidence that you are just trying to inflate your ego.

So please refrain from insulting others and acting childish on the forums. I have a lot of traffic too, perhaps not 20,000 a day, but its still significant, but i must agree that my sites are fairly new, so of course it's not gonna be as good as a 10 year old site, but it's still hard to find one of those 10 year old sites with 50,000 a day visitors.

execute, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  14. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    FWIW, while Alexa cannot be entirely trusted as being accurate, it shows a traffic rank of 1,419,305 for www.mccoypottery.com...

bargainr, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  15. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Job Mia. Amoust second page for pottery, which is searched 57854 times per month (Overture). That's pretty great :)

Cristian Mezei, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    mia doesn't have to prove anything to you.

Those of us on the forum who know mia also know that he is extremely honest.

I believe that you owe mia an apology.

Will.Spencer, Feb 22, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  17. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    Coming from the man with the racist avatar. I don't owe an apology to someone who insults people for no particular reason. It's childish, much like your avatar.

I don't believe people blindly, i expect proof. Even if they are ranked high, on alexa or something, it's usually innaccurate... Perhaps at one time it was a little popular, but perhaps it barely gets 200 visitors now a day. You can never know for sure until you see the stats. And when someone claims something but then becomes Defensive after they are asked for proof, are usually people who have something to hide.

execute, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I don't know how much I make from my day job. It varies based upon how well my company does.

I don't know how much I make from AdSense. It was $15k last month.

Will.Spencer, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  19. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A thought came into my mind. Let's EXECUTE someone. :cool:

Cristian Mezei, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  20. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job Will. Perhaps we can see some stats??? Trust me, if people were making 15k$ in a month alone, then no one would be working, everyone would be web designing. ITs extremely rare and hard. Of course possible... But then he must have invested 10k of it.

execute, Feb 22, 2006 IP