1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revator.com - Bringing together Affiliates and Publishers - make $1K/day

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by goscript, Feb 11, 2009.

1. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I just tried it as if I were an affiliate and the landing page is nice but there are major traffic leaks on the right hand side. Those links lead to pages that do not have my affiliate ID attached. So as it is I could not promote it.

I like the idea though. I have done something very similar in php. You can simply use the GET function to extract the CB id out of the url and use it elsewhere in the page. I might try something similar.

But it does raise something interesting - this is rarely done but all publishers should create a full written landing page for their affiliates to use that converts. Because landing pages traffic is not usually SEO then it doesn't matter if everyone duplicates it. All that matters is that it has rock solid conversions.

rolf, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  2. apples2

apples2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm hoping you're on the up and up with this and not just list building. There are a lot of newbies reading that are creaming themselves. You're telling them to send paid traffic to an automated webpage.

What are your conversions with the automated pages?

You did test them, right?

apples2, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. bogleg20

bogleg20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice idea, but the landing page seems pretty simple to me. Are you sure it converts well?

bogleg20, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  4. gduncan

gduncan Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point about the traffic leaks. I guess that's how the site owner intends to make money. If you have well targetted traffic though, they shouldn't be too tempted to click on products in totally unrelated niches though ... should they? I'm really curious to see if these pages will convert.

gduncan, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  5. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with that, but what if there are links to related competitor products that have been reviewed there? and if those other landing pages don't have your aff link? ;)

inzpiration, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  6. Copyguy

Copyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this doesn't seem like something for everyone, but I believe it may be a very successful tool for someone just learning about affiliate marketing. This is a great site for a beginner, and it exposes/provides easy page-landing creation. Good work. Best of luck!

Copyguy, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  7. RattleSnake316

RattleSnake316 Peon

Best Answers:

Not true. I've been doing adwords for approximately 5 years, and in the past 6months, 2 of my domains have been slapped. One of the sites was getting 800-1000 clicks a day, and suddenly stopped to zero.

I got a new domain, put the exact same website content on the new domain, added the same ads and keywords, and the clicks started rolling in - I actually got more clicks than before. (Go figure!)

I think sometimes google employees, must flick a switch and say ahh lets screw with this guy for today (Ok not true, but hard to understand how their algorithims work sometimes)

RattleSnake316, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  8. rikat

rikat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RattleSnake316 is right.

As a habit, I split test domains when setting up new campaigns, and I can tell you that G does have preferences.

In fact, they can completely trash a domain in adwords if they want to.

rikat, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  9. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By using only a hoplink you will send the visitors directly to the product sales page. You do no presell, noting. If you want to have a nice conversion rate you must drive the visitors firstly to a landing page where you make them want to buy the product.

No, the articles cannot be copied.

On Revator, you can select any of the products available and automatically have created a landing page containing a review for that product.

Hey rolf,
    I highly doubt they might even realize those links as it's the article they are up for. I'll get for your idea tho.

I think you misunderstood the "automated" sense. When I say automated, means that the page (url) is created instantly for you, but the article it's pre-written by a professional writer to ensure the high quality and good conversion.

Yes, it converts as long you send targeted traffic.

goscript, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    This is very cool!

I'm glad that my diet product is a part of it and I'll be letting folks know about it on my affiliate resources page and on my blog.

Zibblu, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  11. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    The initiation is excellent. The landing page was always a Grey area for me. I have signed up with your site. But I have a doubt? What is your stake in this? Apart from the $50 from the publisher How would you gain?

affiliatenewbie, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  12. goscript

Best Answers:
    There is no other stake apart the publisher's $50 fee.
    Firstly I was thinking to make it a subscription based site, but decided that it would help much more people by keeping it free.
    Also, I get a couple of request from people wanting step by step guidance and I get a share from that as well.

It's not even 24 hours since Revator it's been launched and already almost 100 affiliates started using it, so I guess it will really help a lot of people, which can only please me :)

goscript, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  13. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that clarification.Hope this URL would be allowed by major ezine sites .Furthe, can I follow the page views by any means though hops could be monitored in CB.

Wish it would be a win win .

regards

affiliatenewbie, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  14. goscript

Best Answers:
    I was just talking with someone about a pageviews counter. I can add something like this, but it will count all page views, not only unique visitors. So, with every page refresh, the counter would increment. I don't know how good something like this would be tho..

goscript, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  15. forous

forous Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job for you to go a 1K/day in one year. Congrats and keep it up. What is the one thing that you did to get this results.

forous, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  16. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    You want us to drive traffic to revator.com or we can copy the landing page into our own hosting?

solution2u, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  17. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still think the links on the right are a major traffic leak. I understand you need to make money but you would be better off saying that 2% of links generated are your own hoplinks instead of the affiliate. Much like how those old CB ad rotators worked.

This way you will still make money.

rolf, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  18. goscript

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Testing is the main thing to getting good results. Most of the traffic is from long tail Adwords keywords which have a low CPC.

No, you cannot copy the articles from Revator.com , you must use the pages you can create with it.

Thanks.

Actually I will make those links contain your aff id as well, so there will be no more leak. I'll stick just to the publisher fee for now.

goscript, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  19. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool! If this is a success and you can prove the conversion stats then I will definitely sign up as a publisher.

rolf, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  20. rachid-adsense

rachid-adsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Job
    thank's a lot

rachid-adsense, Mar 9, 2009 IP