1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Retargeting

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Spurs, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Good day all,

I'm learning more about internet marketing. I'm a bit old school (even though I'm not old) and am looking at more digital forms of marketing and branding vs. traditional (outdated?) means.

When you guys are retargeting, do you like videos or images better?

Also, where do you like to focus on -- the headers, footers, the sidebanners?

Merry Monday to all!

-Spurs

Spurs, May 21, 2018 IP
  2. kanhaiya91

kanhaiya91 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

Retargeting is a very broad concept, and can be done across multiple platforms like Google Search, Display Network, Facebook etc.

First of all, you need to define segments that are valuable to you. For example, if you are an online e-commerce company, then someone who visits your website may be one segment, and people who add to cart but do not purchase may be another segment.

Both are at different levels of the purchase funnel, and therefore require different creative strategies to re-target. One of them may like a carousel image creative, whereas another one may like videos better.

Let me know if you want to discuss anything regarding re-targeting.

Best,
    Kanhaiya

kanhaiya91, May 22, 2018 IP
    Pamela Turns and jrbiz like this.
  3. Spurs

Spurs Peon

Best Answers:
    Kanhaiya,

Thank you! I'm leaning more towards the cart/investigation of my site but no purchase made.

Spurs, May 23, 2018 IP
  4. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on what you are marketing. A good example is like when I was trying to purchase powertools. I really leaned toward products that have videos so I can see the product based on person and pretending to use the product. For other products like model trains for example I would need highres photos to really help me want to purchase the produts.

Komputerking, May 23, 2018 IP
  5. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I always look on youtube if i'm going to spend a fair bit on something to see if there are any reviews, I think a lot of people do these days, Written reviews sometimes helps if genuine.

Best Regards

phplduser, May 23, 2018 IP
  6. kanhaiya91

kanhaiya91 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I can help you with the same. You can try to find out a lot of things regarding the problem of add to carts but no purchase -
    1. Is the payment gateway working fine? Or does it give errors frequently? Do test transactions and see it multiple times a day
    2. Does your website go down? You can use uptimemonitor to setup free downtime alarms
    3. From a business point of view, try to do an A-B testing. I did this multiple times for my clients. Giving a 10% OFF improved the conversions greatly!

Can help you out more with suggestions.

kanhaiya91, May 25, 2018 IP
  7. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Retargeting simply means allowing you to follow up and engage in your website visitors.

Instead of wasting your entire advertising budget to get new visitors, you must consider retargeting people who have already visited your site with personalized ads and messages.

Pamela Turns, May 28, 2018 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.