1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Resubmitted WiredPages

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by QiSoftware, Jun 28, 2010.

Yesterday, I resubmitted WiredPages to DMOZ. The last time-- about 2 or 3 years ago. I also read yesterday-- after I resubmitted, of course -- you should only submit a site once.

I also read that not submitting to the right category can cause a problem. In any case, I have changed the site quite a bit over the last 2 years or so -- and wanted them to take another look.

Do you think it wil be bounced automatically because I submitted it 2 or 3 years ago?

Q...

QiSoftware, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's quite possible that they've yet to have a look. ;)

And I doubt you'll be bounced for a second submission, I wouldn't go around submitting it to multiple categories though. If your current submission is misplaced, it's likely that when it comes time for review it'll be moved to a related category (where it will linger until yet another editor comes along with an interest to look at the submissions), so it's best to try and get it submitted to the best category the first time.

CReed, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I not an editor, but the site does not look listable to me. Its just a links directory that offers no real value...

Agent000, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  4. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you look at the site thoroughly? Past the top of the pages?

Q...

QiSoftware, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL... and he submitted it to a site that fits that description! I mean, isn't that what the ODP is... a links directory that offers no real value?

Qryztufre, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  6. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think a DMOZ listing is very important.

however I offer more than links [only a few comparatively speaking]-- I provide many tools that offer on-the-fly usable information all in one central location.

World Weather, zip codes, google maps, cnet summary ratings, food nutrients, market data, currency rates, real time sports scores and up to date headlines to name only a few, all in one convenient location without ever leaving the site...

I think my site is worthy of a listing. I think the problem for me.. I am not sure of the category. How to put web 2.0 to use? [no category]. I chose breaking headlines.

Q...

QiSoftware, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  7. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Choose the best fit category and suggest it, if when an editor chooses to work in that category and reviews your site does not believe that it fits there then they will send it to the category they think will fit it better and when an editor choses to work in that category and uses the suggestions it will be reviewed again for a possible listing.

Yes that may take some time, a few days to a few years, but remember we are volunteers working in our spare time to produce a directory for end users and we do not stay in the game simply to be a listing service for web site owners.

Anonymously, Jul 2, 2010 IP