1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Restricted Advertising On My Facebook Account - HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Metalsech, Mar 27, 2021.

Hi all, I currently have a restriction on my advertising on Facebook. I will take you through what has happened. Any help with sorting this out or suggestions on what to try most welcome.

I am in the process of promoting a new card game I plan to crowdfund later this year via Kickstarter. It called UFO Wave and is themed on the subject of UFOs (Note: Not trying to advertise it here in any way, I'm just giving a complete explanation). I am already a UFO Investigator for many years and have built up quite a following so have over 1000 friends on FB. Most of these individuals have followed me because of my backgrond, so I knew they'd very likely be into the game. I set up a new page for the game (through my personal account, not a new business account for my sole trading company).

It instructed me that I could invite friends to join the page so I decided to start going through my friends list and adding them in fast succession. There was no warning at all that this would have any adverse effect and I thought I was doing nothing wrong. The Facebook bot detected this and flagged this as suspicious activity. I was blocked from adding more people to the page. Even though this was the case I started to have a look into how to boost a post to promote the game (Completely from within FB not from Business Manager). It had red text on it indicating it was restricted. I immediately realised this was likely blocked for the same reason.

I looked online and videos advised this would go back to normal after a number of days. Sure enough a few days later I found I could once again add people to the page. I tried running an advert as a test to see what would happen, spending £20 to reach a number of people. After a while I noticed it was not active and no money had been taken. In checking my account it looked mentioned that my advertising was still restricted.

I looked around everywhere for a support live chat which I heard used to exist in the past but now does not. So instead there was the option to appeal the restricition decision. Great! However on one of the screens where it was asking me to click a button to confirm my identity the button was greyed out. I was essentially stuck.
    SEMrush
    So I raised a support ticket. A day later I got a response from a lady named Marie. It informed me to do exactly what I had already tried - raise an appeal. So I responded saying this was not an option and attached a screen shot showing the disabled button. Another day goes by and I get another response. At first I'm excited thinking they've come back to me to provide details on what to do next. But to my dismay I see exactly the same message back from them with the word Marie replaced with Sophie. So the support help is a robot with a default response not a human being.

So I was stuck. I tried various things all to no avail, I could find out no way of reaching them directly to explain the situation. I raised an official complaint and got no response from that. After a while the 30 days ran out and I got a message saying my account was fully disabled from running adverts. I can post in the page, I can invite people to the page but when I try to create an advert within it, it just drops back to the page with no messages or anything appearing.

I don't really know what to do next, but I've thought of a few potential options...

I could set up a brand new Facebook account for the business, but if it sees its linked with me in any way (e.g. my name, adderess or bank details) then that might get restricted too.

I could potentially hire another business to advertise for me but this would no doubt be expensive and I'd probably make a loss, making the whole thing pointless.

I could get a friend to set up a brand new business with no links to me at all other than the page the external website they direct people to with the advert. Is this potentially a solution? However I'm frightened after what's happened that if they do this they may get restricted or blocked in some way.

At this stage anything I do could flag as suspicious and for all I know my entire account may be shut down, all thanks to an inncocent mistake which was not intended to be malicious or spammy in any way. I'm completely confused and feel like Facebook has backed me into a corner. It's the most ridiculous situation ever, I've never seen a company so adamant to stop me from willingly giving them my money.

Can anyone please assist or tell me what I need to do next? If anyone knows a legitimate way of speaking with Facebook to get my account re-activated, or knows that I've done something wrong here and I need to do things differently (And that doing so will not lead to any adverse effects) please let me know.

Metalsech, Mar 27, 2021 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Barking Mad

Barking Mad Peon

Best Answers:
    :( I've just joined the club. Used Facebook advertising since Oct 2015 and in 2019 had my first ad banned. Appealed as I felt they thought I was selling dogs rather than providing an alternative to kennels for people going on holiday. Sucessful just before Covid I had another ad banned which I did not appeal as Covid hit and my business became un-necessary. Just started up now again and ran an ad which was instantly banned along with all the ads I've run in the past. I just get "computer says NO!" as a message freom Facebook and can't seem to get any answer as to why my ads are prohibited. I've done and passed their Blueprint mocule but still nothing.

Barking Mad, May 14, 2021 IP
  3. ilyas 02

ilyas 02 Peon

Best Answers:
    tas trouve une solution frère!!

ilyas 02, Jun 21, 2021 IP