1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

restoring phpbb partial backup?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Lpspider, Aug 22, 2006.

Okay, I got a partial backup of two phpbb databases... both of them apparently cut out at the same time. I have 17 out of like 42 tables... not good. However, I got the posts I believe, though I don't have the users.

What can I do? Is there a way I ran still restore this, just without some of the info?

Lpspider, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  2. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know how well your posts would work if you don't have the user data... I think you should really ask at phpbb.com, that's what i'd do...but you could setup a test board and see if it actually works, just importing the files that got copied...(I dont think they'd work properly though since all posts have to be connected with users...)

AnaB, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  3. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It throws an error, and I haven't gotten the greatest support and phpbb.com

I was hoping I could ad some sort of susbstitute user(s) that will somehow take credit for the post... or rebuild them or something...

Lpspider, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  4. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouch....Totally guessing here but what'd happen if you created a new board. created random members with Mysql...and then imported only the posts...I mean the posts are connected with userids so...(posts by user 1 from the original shows up as posts by user1 now?)....

Did you get it sorted

AnaB, Aug 23, 2006 IP