1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Restaurant marketing

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by millby26, Jul 28, 2014.

Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum, thanks in advance for your advice!

I'm currently doing marketing for our restaurant family business. Have got a new website done as the previous one was shocking..

I've also created a facebook fan page and am going to get a fan-gate app/tab designed where the user has to like the page and then enter their email address for 15% off their next food bill and to get latest offers and news.

My question is this - on the website, I have placed an email subscription box for the same offer (15% off next food bill). Shall I instead just put a link on my website so they have to LIKE the fan page and give me their email address in order to receive the offer. This i think kills 2 birds with one stone - getting a like on our FB page and collecting their email address. But then thinkin about it, it will drive them off my website?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

millby26, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just go ahead what you like, if it doesn't work out as it seems, then just drop it.

Don't think too much.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  3. millby26

millby26 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks eric - i will go ahead and have a link on my site to redirect onto FB to claim the offer.

with so many people using mobile devices these days, an issue i've come across is that facebook apps/tabs dont show on my fan page when on mobile. how do i make it so that apps shows on mobile??

I've got the standard menu link that FB allows on the ABOUT section. Problem is FB only allows you to put 1 link on it. I have different menus. What i wanted to do was to install an app tab but it wont show on mobile. does anyone know how to overcome this?

many thanks

millby26, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  4. airforce10

airforce10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In e marketing you have to follow this 3 rules:
    • testing
    • testing
    • testing
    • and of course measure.
    So don't ask us - just test and measure which option will give better results.

airforce10, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  5. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your application can have a good effect on your clients. And I will tell you why..just think that many clients use apps and just think that once you have on your data base you can send them newsletters and info about the new programs, new chefs..this can be really good.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  6. millby26

millby26 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comment airforce.

moneykrap - thanks for your comment. Yes the idea is to build up an email database for email marketing, plus gaining likes on fb page to build up the fb presence. the problem i see with these third party apps/tabs is that they are not mobile compatible (wont be seen on a mobile device). I think I will just have to paste the URL possibly as a pinned post at the top of the newsfeed or in the about section so potential customers dont miss it.

Anymore thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated!

millby26, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  7. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose getting them to like Facebook page and dropping their email address over there would be a better idea. This way you wont pretend to be cheesy and even you'll achieve the database.
    Though, you can eventually share your websites, offer or contest to your Facebook page for a better user engagement.

cuteboy, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  8. Villasforrentinsrilanka

Villasforrentinsrilanka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can go for your websites link so that ,if you sites is good definitely people will follow and like your websites ,so just try for link of your websites rather than subscription box