1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rest in peace, Randy Pausch. You will be remembered.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Harald Johnsen, Jul 25, 2008.

Randy Pausch finally lost his battle against pancreatic cancer. I think its fair to say that we have all just lost a damn good man. His life may have been cut short, but he sure did make it count.

If anyone missed out on his now legendary Carnegie Mellon Speech, go watch it on youtube straight away. Notwithstanding his other remarkable achievements, in 75 minutes of talking that man made more out of his life than most of us do in 75 years of living. What a brave and wise man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

"It's not about how to achieve your dreams; it's about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the dreams will come to you." - Randy Pausch

Harald Johnsen, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  2. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow...at first I didn't recognize the name and nearly passed over this post - but in fact I watched that speech (online), and it's legendary to say the least! Truly amazing speaker, man, and person.

May he RIP

What a brilliant person!

shamus, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  3. ShaneC

ShaneC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, his story is amazing. He knew he was going to die, but he still remained happy. The way he lived his life is a real inspiration.

ShaneC, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  4. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont believe in afterlife, so saying RIP would be stupid; but what else could I say :(

Truly a great man - thanks for making our lives so much better Randy.

anions, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  5. Harald Johnsen

Harald Johnsen Guest

Best Answers:
    A totally materialistic view on life with no belief in the afterlife could actually make you totally unafraid of dying. So it might not be such a bad thing. Someone (I struggle to remember who it was) once said: "I do not fear death, for when I am, death is not, and when death is, I am not."

Harald Johnsen, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    anions likes this.
  6. monika0611

monika0611 Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow, his speech was very amazing and made a lot of people cry, and he was still throwing in laughter with his speech, and was not in denial.

Rest in Peace Randy Pausch!

monika0611, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  7. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've just watched the video.... once again good people die young. RIP.

bluemouse2, Jul 25, 2008 IP