1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Responsive ads not working correctly. It’s trying to fit a 728x90 ad into a 336x280 space thus...

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Jorge1211, May 25, 2016.

Hello,
    Please help.
    The problem that I am having is that when I insert the google responsive ad code into the html of the weebly html/css theme page,… this happens:

-The 1st top ad shows up perfectly on desktop and perfectly on mobile,

-But then the 2nd ad (mid page) shows up with 728x90 ad and cannot fit into that space so it ads a scrollbar on desktop but looks perfectly on mobile.

-And the 3rd ad (end of page) shows up with a 728x90 ad with scrollbar on desktop but perfectly on mobile.

But… when I hit refresh I then get the full ads for all 3 google ads perfect on desktop and perfect on mobile.

But when I see the page again, a new time, I keep seeing the scrollbar for the 2nd and 3rd ad, until I hit refresh again.

It seems that the responsive ad is trying to fit a 728x90 ad into the 336 ad space rather than a 336 or 300 size ad.

1st ad shows up perfect on desktop and perfect on mobile but 2nd and 3rd ad seems like the adsense responsive ad code is trying to fit a 728x90 banner into that space and thus creating a scroll bar.

But when I hit reload, refresh, the ad displays correctly as a 336x280 or 300x250 ad.

I searched, read and implemented google’s trouble shooting instructions on this issue but it didn’t work for my site, and I was assuming that other weebly customers may have had this problem with google responsive ads as well and where able to maybe add some type of additional code to correct the problem.

If you or anyone out there understands why this is happening, (code trying to fit a 728x90 ad in that 336 space and thus creating the scrollbar showing up on google responsive ads until you hit refresh), and may know of or have been able to find a solution to this problem then please let me know. I would appreciate yours or anyone’s help on this very important matter very much. Thank you. And have a great day.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Jorge1211, May 25, 2016 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    weebly sucks for this kind of thing.
    you probably better off asking them.

Agent000, May 25, 2016 IP
  3. Jorge1211

Jorge1211 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did ask Weebly. They said to ask google :^) I asked google, they said the problem was with the theme provider - Weebly. Wish I knew how to make these 2 bottom ads show up correctly. But thanks anyway.

Jorge1211, May 25, 2016 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you need fixed size dont you responsive

pmf123, May 27, 2016 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best solution for this is to move to the Self hosted WordPress blog. the problem is definitely with weebly and its theme.

iwebsocial, May 28, 2016 IP
  6. Jorge1211

Jorge1211 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys, I appreciate it. Still working on it though. Gotta keep using Weebly. Works well for me, and has some perfect tools for my design, other than the problem with responsive ads. Did figure out a way to display 336 on desktop but leaves a little hangover (scroll) on mobile. Will keep working on it. Thanks!

The following edited script did help me to display perfect 336x280 ads on desktop but displayed a tiny tiny bit larger than normal on mobile to where you had to scroll just a tiny tiny bit to see the whole ad, but did display most of the ad just fine. May try to mess with it again see what happens.

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- XXADNAME -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    style="display:inline-block;min-width:300px;max-width:336px;width:100%;height:280px"
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXX"
    data-ad-slot="XXXXXXX"
    <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</script>

Jorge1211, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  7. AmpedSense Wordpress

AmpedSense Wordpress Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure that the parent container that your responsive ad is within has a fixed width. If there is no width set on the containing element then it will effectively be 0 pixels wide, and not show.

AmpedSense Wordpress, Jun 1, 2016 IP