1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Responding to a Trademark examiner

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by chrisj, Nov 16, 2017.

I have applied for a trademark and received a reply stating, essentially, that the trademark name for the services on the web site doesn't appear to match with the services claimed in "applicant’s identification". I believe that means I put down the wrong classification number.

I looked over the classification list again and want to respond to the examiner with the correct one, but have a few questions first.

If I reply with a different classification and the examiner doesn't think it's correct again, what happens next?

Is there a cost every time I submit a response?

Thanks, I look forward to being enlightened

chrisj, Nov 16, 2017 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are wrong again, then the examiner again will let you know that you are wrong.
    Does your letter state that there will be a fee? I suggest you follow the directions in
    the letter that you received from the examiner, study your classifications before
    sending your next response or you will find yourself getting another negative letter....

The examiner will stop responding, when you stop responding, so if you do not respond
    in the time allowed, then your trademark will be considered abandoned/dismissed....

why did you not hire an attorney for something this important? If you can not
    afford an attorney now, then why would you think you could afford to defend
    your trademark, and litigation can cost many 1000s of dollars....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    dscurlock, Nov 18, 2017 IP