1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RESOLVED: exact time pages visited

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by K473Y, Dec 9, 2016.

Hi - new here, so please bear with me :)

I'm looking after a learning management system which is having some issues at the moment and we're seeing a number of application errors. In order to resolve, we need to be able to send the supplier some reliable data on:
    1. number of times we are getting application errors
    2. The URL of the application error page (it references what the learner was doing before the issue occurred)
    3. The date and time of each application error
    I have worked out 1 & 2, but I can't get my head around number 3 - I can see that I can report on the hour of the day, but I need to narrow it down to the minute (and second, if possible).

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

K473Y, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  2. K473Y

K473Y Peon

Best Answers:
    Fixed it!

I created a custom report using 'age views' as the metric, then added page, date, hour and minute as the dimensions.

Initially I was struggling to see all dimensions at the same time. I edited the custom report and started clicking around and right under where you enter the title for your individual tabs there is an option called 'types' with three buttons:

- Explorer
    - Flat Table
    - Overlay

Explorer is the default view and shows the line chart. I'm not sure why, but the table underneath then doesn't show all the dimensions. I changed it type to Flat Table, saved and then all dimensions are pulled through.

K473Y, Dec 9, 2016 IP