1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

reseller club vs godaddy?? which is the best domain reseller??

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by blogster100, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try Resell.biz Or Enom Inc. Via Aboutreseller

sufia, May 1, 2010 IP
  2. web_tweaker

web_tweaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I m also interested in this topic, i have the same question as skula, I want a reseller with following features

- Cheap Domain Pricing (Less than $7.25) for a .com including all fee
    - 24/7 Support Provided to my customers either by Phone or Email or Live Chat
    - Nice and Clean user interface like Name.com for my Customers to buy and manage their domains
    - Automated Transaction that is i don't have to manually register domains myself, it is all automatic, user pay and domain is registered
    - Verified Paypal not a requirement for my customers to purchase domains, like godaddy and netfirms only allow verified cc users to buy domain.

Plz suggest me who will be the best reseller considering all above features along with investment required for that reseller...

Thanks..

web_tweaker, May 9, 2010 IP
  3. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    considering that
    1) reseller pricing are often higher than retail prices with discount codes
    2) added transaction fees such as credit card or paypal
    does anybody has any success with their reselling business?

I mean why would I buy say from godaddy reseller instead of buying and renewing for cheap a godaddy?

atxsurf, May 10, 2010 IP
  4. Davmac

Davmac Member

Best Answers:
    I can't speak for what happens today with Reseller Club but they cost me thousands a few years ago when I had a campaign all set up and ready to go and I tried them to register the chosen domain name and transfer hosting to my own hosting. They flatly refused to transfer hosting and lied about acting under ICann rules which forbid it for at least 1 year.

Naturally I never used them since and never will - just beware.

Davmac

Davmac, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. the_guv

the_guv Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting thread.

I'm wondering what's wrong with OpenSRS though? Nobody's even mentioned it, yet it seems a viable choice, at least if you want a wide choice of tld's (they've got about 70 and if you aren't so bothered about a glossy shop, maybe preferring the API way instead, so what? There's a $100 one off fee.

I'm NOT looking at this to resell though. I'm just after a better way to manage my own domains .. I've got about 12 ranging .com, .es, .li and .it .. to find a place that will house the tld variety isn't easy but, at long last, really I just want to bring the lot under one roof and, from that POV at least OpenSRS means less of a headache.

.. but am I missing something? Are they just not a sensible option or something? I'm surprised there's been no mention.

If anyone can advise in that context I'd be grateful.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    the_guv, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  6. jobsense

jobsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    godaaay.com is best i think so

jobsense, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  7. xavianer

xavianer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest 1&1 for domain registration not for hosting. They have cheaper price compare to others. $4.99 for domain registration and no hidden fees.

xavianer, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  8. Richman25

Richman25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, Jiggymehta.

Each of us has different needs, requirements and expectations.

Ultimately, what we can shared is our user experience with both of them.

The final decision still lies on you, pal.

As for me, I would prefer GoDaddy.
    I have been using them for very long time. Till now, they have not disappoint me.
    And I am very happy with their service and support.

Hope this helps.

Richman25

Richman25, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  9. nationhealth

nationhealth Active Member

Best Answers:
    both are crap - reseller panel doesn't have proper technical staff and godaddy is not secure i lots 300+ domains in one transaction.

nationhealth, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  10. bilirkishi

bilirkishi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    , please tell us more about godaddy.

bilirkishi, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  11. domainsNet4

domainsNet4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Net4 India is leading domain/Hosting/VPS provider and offering best services/prices for all services specially for partner Free wallet scheme is unique with maximum discount on domain registration and 100% cash back in free walllet to buy other services like hosting/emails and cloud server.. and there is no hidden cost compare to Godaddy/ reseller club. no additional transaction charges on online payments... So grow your Reseller web business with Net4 India.

domainsNet4, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  12. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are few other companies that also take their transaction charge from us. Like namecheap.com, so I think there is nothing illegal with it. Any one?

MayurGondaliya, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  13. domainsNet4

domainsNet4 Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no extra fee or transaction charges on payments as same reseller club does.. net4 india has best pricing on domain with 100% credt back to purchase hosting/emails/VPS( for resellers)

domainsNet4, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  14. domainsNet4

domainsNet4 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get best services with Net4india on best prcing

domainsNet4, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  15. Smart Baba

Smart Baba Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been reseller with both GoDaddy's Wild West Domains (www.smartbaba.net) and DirectI's ResellerClub (www.smartbaba.com). In my personal experience I think both are reputed companies with difference in some area. I will compare one by one

Price = GoDaddy is best if you can register around 200 Domains per Year, Whereas RC will give you discounts with increase in sales.
    Marketing = GoDaddy is well known for its own marketing success, and hence its pushing all its resellers through same routes to success of their online business.
    Support = I love GoDaddy's Support and customer care so far. Just stick to the rules and I am sure both RC and WWD will not let you down.
    Technical Advantage = DNS Management and propagation with GoDaddy is fastest and well recognized by most of the online service providers.

Overall view: I think GoDaddy is good for Domain Registration, DNS, at same time they will try to sell you and your customer more and more products to increase the revenue. In other terms if you are a careful buyer you can use their methods on your reseller storefront to maximize your sales volume. At the same time RC is best in Hosting services. So I use both in a combination of Domain Registration and Management from GoDaddy and Web Hosting from RC. I do have my own resellers who are very happy this way as we are able to provide the combination of all the FREE services from both the provides. I hope this will help you take a good decision.

Smart Baba, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  16. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you cope with paying paypal fees twice - once when funding your RC account, then when receiving payment from a customer?

atxsurf, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  17. Smart Baba

Smart Baba Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well my sales prices are exponentially high since I couple them always with web designing services so these charges does not matter to me. But I liked your offer of 4.73 and 6.31 USD. Can you please tell me more about this?

Smart Baba, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  18. JonathanMatthews

JonathanMatthews Peon

Best Answers:
    Resellerclub asked me for copies of bank account or bank statement and identification. I reported the suspicious activity to paypal because I paid the initial amount using paypal and so they should not require this information. Paypal replied by email acknowledging that they were phishing and were under investigation. Beware of them.

JonathanMatthews, Oct 20, 2012 IP
  19. skylabreddy

skylabreddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was customer for 6 years with resellerclub.com since they are directi.com

Its cheap no upfront cost but you have to load the price to sell, if you have tons of customers they all have to load money on it before they can buy

little inconvenience in easy business society.

I later changed to godaddy with lots of hesitation but one thing i like is its easy for customer side little more money and yearly fee.

If you can sell easily what there to worry.

Most directi or resellerclub customers face the same issue.

But they have more customization vs godaddy does not have.

I stayed with godaddy its easy to manage and better support 24/7

here is my site if anyone give suggestions how i can improve www.hastydomains.com

skylabreddy, Nov 8, 2015 IP