1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

reseller club vs godaddy?? which is the best domain reseller??

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by blogster100, Jun 12, 2008.

1. esc

esc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks czar2178 , that was helpful. Now, I wonder if WHMCS will eventually provide support for GoDaddy as a registrar (as per v3.8.2 it doesn't appear to).

UPDATE: Apparently GoDaddy charges some $2000 for use of their API, so this may be why WHMCS doesn't support it. Wow, $2k!

esc, May 16, 2009 IP
  2. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I too wonder not seeing godaddy in the latest WHMCS. There are almost every reputed registrar but not godaddy. Anyone has any idea?????

Dhaval1983, May 16, 2009 IP
  3. horseshoe

horseshoe Peon

Best Answers:
    horseshoe, May 17, 2009 IP
  4. bhanu2217

bhanu2217 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I have been using Godaddy.com for couple of months now on ladybirdhost.com

What i like about them is,
    -> They handle everything for you, from payment gateway to customer support.
    You just need to setup your store website and sit at home and needn't worry about anything, other than marketing your store.
    -> Windows Hosting supports PHP and MYSQL also. This facility is not available in Reseller Club.

Things i don't like about them is.
    They want to make money from each and everything. They just want you to buy this, buy that.
    Plans are very tricky.

-> For example in Economy Hosting they provide 10GB space with 100 e-mail address but for e-mail they provide only 100MB space. so 1MB per e-mail account.
    free e-mail doesn't support IMAP either, only pop.
    Most of the host provide IMAP for free with hosting and usually e-mail space can be shared with main hosting space or is higher than 100MB for 100 accounts.
    -> You cannot create/customize any hosting plans, all the plans are created by godaddy.com, you can just set the cost for whatever is available. You cannot customize the plans.
    -> Than the maximum database size is 200mB for all shared hosting plans which you cannot upgrade even if you are ready to pay.
    So if you need higher database size u need to go for Virtual or dedicated servers plans which they provide but are expensive. So in a 10GB hosting account you get only 200MB database.
    -> Godaddy.com Database Administrator Software for MS SQL Server sucks big time. I can't believe big companies like Godaddy.com are using such bad applications. Its lacks lot of features. For MYSQL they have PHP Myadmin which is amazing.

Other than this
    -> I would say godaddy.com shared hosting plans are good where you think your database size will remain under 200MB.
    -> The service is good, downtime time is very less.
    -> Control panel is good.
    -> promo code can be generated for 5%,10%,15% discount on shopping of $25,$50,$100.
    -> You get one discount account, for your personal use, in which u don't get any commission but there is heavy discount on whatever you buy from that account.
    -> Phone support is US based, so in case you are planning to call from India, keep your phone loaded.
    -> e-mail support is good, usually get the reply within 5-10 hours.
    -> They have some transaction fee, i think 2.5%. So whatever commission you get this percentage gets deducted.
    -> You got to pay a annual fee for these services.

Reseller Club
    I haven't tried reseller club yet, but i am planning to try them soon.
    What i have heard of reseller club(not sure if everything is correct).
    • Reseller club doesn't have annual fee, you pay a deposit and money keeps getting deducted from that.
    • You got to have your own payment gateway on your store front.
    • You got to provide customer support yourself.
    • You can customize the hosting plans.
    • They have 30 or 60 days money back offer.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    bhanu2217, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  5. peterzeller

peterzeller Peon

Best Answers:
    Some nice posts here thanks guys! Well, I am comparing the GoDaddy and ResellerClub these days, not sure if I want to try this, but anyway, I've got two questions about the ResellerClub program:

-you have to do the customer support yourself? Really? Must be quite a headache!

-so, I pay transaction fee when I deposit, fair enough, but if say my customer pay me with his credit card, do they will deduct another 2-3% transactional fees of my sales?

Thanks.

peterzeller, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  6. bhanu2217

bhanu2217 Peon

Best Answers:
    Godaddy(Wild West Domains) will provide US based phone and e-mail support both for you and your customer. Reseller Club provides support for you, i am not sure if the provide it for your customer also.

Reseller Club Doesn't provide you the payment gateway so they don't have any transaction fee.
    You have to setup your own payment gateway yourself and most of the gateways will charge you some transaction fee.

bhanu2217, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  7. tloosle

tloosle Active Member

Best Answers:
    reseller club charges a fee each time you add money. then your customer pays you via paypal and you get hit again for a fee, so its a double charge.

Its illegal for reseller club to charge a fee for payment, but they do it anyways.

You have to get the domain club at godaddy to compete on the price, but if you do alot of domains it makes it as cheap as reseller club.

tloosle, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  8. eaaaheyan

eaaaheyan Peon

Best Answers:
    $6.52 including ICANN.20 .com .net .org .info
    more favorable price than Godaddy but same quality&service.

eaaaheyan, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  9. xmart

xmart Peon

Best Answers:
    I was interested in Godaddy API it costs only $249/yr and every discount it is even less. And I am seriously looking for a domain handler script for Godaddy API or you can say Wild West Domains API.

xmart, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  10. indico

indico Peon

Best Answers:
    indico, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  11. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    sufia, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  12. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Godaddy than any Reseller club.

clbyodo, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  13. skula

skula Peon

Best Answers:
    Gosh wat is all this hype about domain name selling. am sick to a point were i do not know what i want anymore. i was looking forward to this post helping me decide the most monetizeable one with less stress and more automation with better deal.

I need help please. no emotional attachmenmt please. just plain suggestion of the most cost effective and profitable on long run.

I am new to domain sellling and i am considering going into that business.
    my focus are godaddy, reseller and probably networksolutions.
    can someone please give me an estimate investment fee to go into domain name business for one year please? I have plan on using hostgator host for reseller hosting service. my biggest headache now is choosing a domain name company.

please give host review and personal expereince. those who have used more than one of thes above advice is well valued too.. please i need help on this urgently thanks

skula, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  14. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think for reseller, best domain place is resell.biz. Price is: $7.25 & no hidden cost. Even ICANN fee is included $7.25.

bdprem.com, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  15. skula

skula Peon

Best Answers:
    How are you today... i have got a lot of question below. please dont mind that they are much but i wanna know what i am getting into fully as am basically new to this market.

thank you for your information. i checke dthe site and it does not seem bad at all.so how long have you been with this company? how do use join.? is there a kind of deposit like in enom, and reseller co?
    what is thier support like? is client purchase on your site real time purchase in registering on whois database? or manual were u register each domin client orders?

is the busineess model automated? or need more than 20% personal support on my side?

or is there a join in fee like godaddy that has $199- 245 fee?
    i like de fact there is no striction on selling price unlike godaddy

lastly what is a good range budget to start a domain business in one year? any estimated advice for me?

hanks for your reply

skula, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  16. aniani

aniani Peon

Best Answers:
    Resellerclub.com is the best inmy opinion. Now almost 5 yr with them. They have gone from strength to strength.

resell.biz uses the system which is created by the parent company of resellerclub, that is www.directi.com

Resellerclub has a pre-payment of $199, which is a fully usable fund for you to register the domain, its not a deposit and you can ask for refund of any unused amount if you wish to close your account. With resellerclub you can do both manual registration for your client or you can have a payment gateway/paypal installed and then your customers can do registration as and when they want.

Let me know if you want any other details.

Ani

aniani, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  17. skula

skula Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you.. i am now stuck as to with too many opinion, what i need is a system that has dynamic realtime domain registration and no manual registration, one which has great support, cheap domain pricing and no hidden fees.

i am new to all this and also want to know wats a good investment cash to start this biz

skula, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  18. freeresellers

freeresellers Member

Best Answers:
    100% Free resellers program for hosting and domains - all your customers support done for you.

All you have to do is set your prices in your free turnkey website and start selling same day!

freeresellerspanel.com

freeresellers, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  19. skula

skula Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you but it is obvious u did not follow the trend on this post wen i said no personal link. why give me your link. a reseller program of $9 per domain purchase is rediculous. wen godaddy sells domain to general user at $10 excluding cupons....

skula, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  20. freeresellers

freeresellers Member

Best Answers:
    1/ The link was simply to advise you about who I was talking about - I have now setup my signature instead.
    2/ I was also trying to introduce you to a system, which in my opinion, is a better option to resellersclub mentioned in this post. It not only is 100% free to setup but you only pay for plans and domains as you sell them. No up front costs to get started and no continuing expense or commitment. You can sell domains and hosting through a turnkey website and 24/7 support to your customers.
    3/ This option may provide the services at a slightly higher cost that the others you quoted but it is an entirely different system where everything is done for you - so you should expect to pay a little more to free up your time and not have to provide 24/7 support.
    2/ And just for the record, their TLD's are $6 - not $9

freeresellers, Apr 29, 2010 IP