1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Require Proof Readers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by clookid, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That is what I am trying to do now. I thought that "lordy" was a good proofreader, however, he seems to have run off with the articles that I sent to him. He told me that he was going to go have a sleep and would proofread them in the morning. I have not heard back from him since (around 72-96 hours now, that is more than a sleep in...).

I will now fork out the work that he has left unfulfilled to those whom have requested with satisfying posts (i.e. You. You can begin with 10 articles, as I did some research and found out that the string "proof read" is more commonly strung together as "proofread" so I feel that I owe you an apology).

Edit: Only two people that requested actually met my requirements. If you read through the thread correctly, it stated that you must have more than 10 iTrader's. I bent this rule for one person but I did not see very good results.

clookid, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  2. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hadn't realized you responded until I got a pm from you. I was wondering why you pm'ed me what you did when I hadn't applied for the work. Anyway, your apology is accepted. However, proofread is not just more commonly strung together as "proofread" as you worded that. That's just the way it's meant to be. There is no less common way; meaning no alternative. Now if English is not your native language then it would explain why you'd think it can be 'proof read' or 'proof-read.' Your statement should have been typed as:

"...as I did some research and found out that 'proof read' is correctly spelled as 'proofread.' So ..."

Your statement was made as if there's another way to spell it that's not so common. When in fact, the only way to accurately spell the term is 'proofread'. Just so you are absolutely clear on that issue.

And what on earth is that other stuff you were talking about above that? You're trying to find proofreaders?! I know that already. I was specifically talking about you finding someone to do the double checking of the proofreaders you hire instead of you doing them due to the obvious. I did say that in plain English, didn't I? Are you tired, Clookid?

What in the world are you talking about now?! Am I not speaking (typing) good enough English for you? I've read your thread. What does 10 iTrader have to do with anything I've stated? And what does it have to do with me? Last time I checked I have over ten. But honestly, what's your point in bringing that into the conversation? And you know what's so darn funny? You still have yet to answer my question.

At this point, I'm not interested in proofreading. And just in case you don't understand why, please just read over my posts again and again until you do (whenever you make time to be attentive). I've made myself very clear in plain English. It's a shame you keep missing it. If you really want my help, then it's going to cost you big time with a 50% down payment (only paid if I agree to help you) on top of you hiring someone with high standards to double check my work for the verification process. All of that just for me to consider helping you with no guarantee that I will. However, if I choose to help you and we agree on a rate that's worth my while then I guarantee I'll get the job done with high quality on or before a deadline set by yourself. I mean business as you should have picked up by now. If you can't afford me or just don't want to pay out big, then that's completely fine with me. Like I said, I'm not really interested at this point anyway and was surprised you pm'ed me like I had stated to you that I was. Especially, with all that's been said and you choosing to just ignore my question (and still it goes unanswered). So it's going to take a lot for you to change my mind to even want to help. And being that you want to save time, you may not feel it's worth it. So in that case, good day and truly all the best. There are plenty of people here on DP that can help you. :)

CU_Designs, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  3. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I feel that there is obviously not a need to even bother. This whole thread is not about YOU. My posts are not dedicated to YOU. Also, I do not wish to hire someone that treats me as if I am someone that knows nothing at all. I do know English, English IS my first language.

The articles that I am sending off have already been proofread by someone else, I just want others to re-proofread them. I did not wish to disclose this as I was afraid that the proofreaders would all decide to slack off.

Anyway, I am not looking for anymore proof readers. Congratulations CU_Designs, you have completely and utterly put me off looking for proofreaders at Digital Point, as I now know that every single post that I make is "apparently" supposed to be dedicated and about CU_Designs.

I will likely try out some of the freelancing websites, so keep your eyes peeled if you are still interested in working for me.

clookid, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  4. d1976

d1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Just send sample and come back it without any mistake.....

Thanks....

Send PM

Dipal (india)

d1976, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  5. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Did I mention on November the 8th that this opportunity was no longer available? ;)

clookid, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  6. brandy888

brandy888 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can be the best proof reader you can get around here. i can proof read any topic from any source, newspapers, books, encyclopedia, journals. My hobby was reading the Encyclopedia Britannica when i was 10 yrs old.

brandy888, Dec 22, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.