1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Request for informtion: PROXY.ORG

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fr0gman, Apr 9, 2007.

1. dottom

dottom Member

Best Answers:
    There is one very good reason to NOT take proactive action (or reactive action).... if Justin is indeed behind the false flicks, or otherwise knows about it, it's in his best interest to do nothing! If he does anything to prevent it or 100% open communication to all advertisers, then he will lose business guaranteed. If he does NOTHING and let things continue as is, he might lose business he might not. Not all advertisers on proxy.org will get the message. Or maybe Justin never thought that someone like fr0gman would be so passionate about being wronged that he would carry the torch as far as he has despite the resistance by various folks (some well intentioned skeptics playing devil's advocate; other skeptics with an agenda).

Two observations:

1. At some point, some big publisher will file a law suit against Google that gets traction on their invalid click detection. Some lawyers may put together a class action lawsuit. It will be huge when it happens.

2. If Justin were smart, he'd just offshore his clicking and the traffic will look more legitimate. Various tests by proxy owners would show that a human is indeed clicking their ads. It would only cost about $5000 to setup off shore clicking setup spanning hundreds of ISP's. Then use proxies of proxies that he sets up, proxies of other users (heck, he already has a list of thousands of them!), public proxies, Tor network, and a variety of other methods to produce real IP's and real web browsers. Software will take care of everything, and all the offshore users have to do is know when to "browse" and when to "click add". There are setups like this that even fool Google!

dottom, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  2. khan11

khan11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hello guys!

I've just paid for bold listing at proxy.org before reading this topic but now i'm worried.

Could you please tell me if proxy.org is still sending fake traffic to our sites and can cause in getting banned from google?

if so what should i do to prevent my site from getting proxy.org traffic?

khan11, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  3. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to let people know if it has not been mentioned in this thread yet, that class action suites were taking up with Ask.com and a few other search engines recently.

I was a member in them, and we did win and we all received 10% of what we deposited as compensation.

Sohan, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  4. thewird

thewird Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is a load of baloney, you don't have to worry about anything.

thewird

thewird, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  5. munchausen

munchausen Member

Best Answers:
    I am Baron Munchausen, the Administrator or Proxy.org. I typically do not comment in public discussions about Proxy.org, except when there is a need to clarify Proxy.org's position. Many of the comments in this thread are inaccurate and improper, and appear to have been posted for no legitimate reasons.

You purchased a listing at 2PM today and then initiated a dispute at PayPal just 3 hours later. We typically respond to orders very quickly. However, 3 hours is not an unreasonable timeframe to provision an order, especially on a Saturday during a holiday weekend. We will respond to your dispute privately.

Absolutely not. Proxy.org has never operated a "click bot." Proxy.org has always sought to operate properly in a manner that would benefit itself and its users. I responded to these unsupported comments in this thread on April 18, 2007.See:

https://proxy.org/forum/1176953023.html
    Code (markup):
    Proxy.org reserves the right to disable listings that are not paid for, or are otherwise improper. I can assure you that we will not list any of your proxies now or in the future.

munchausen, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  6. munchausen

munchausen Member

Best Answers:
    Proxy.org is in no way affiliated with Ask.com. Proxy.org has not been sued by any individuals who have been making postings about it and Proxy.org is not aware of any basis for the blanket and irresponsible "threats" of legal action made in such postings.

I'd like to point out that Sohan used to have over 400 proxies listed for free on Proxy.org. On April 17, 2007, Sohan wrongfully disputed 3 transactions with PayPal. He subsequently lost the disputes and was banned from Proxy.org. His comments appear to be just a case sour grapes.

munchausen, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  7. khan11

khan11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @munchausen

yes i believe its the proxy.org admin!

before reading this topic, it was my very first choice of advertising on your site, but this topic made me double minded and i was almost fully doubtful about your services and afraid of being banned by google.

Thank you for the refund and sorry if my words hurt you !!

khan11, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  8. JTCentral

JTCentral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People come on...do the math. Count the listings on proxy.org and multiply it by his advertising rate...see how much money this cat is making??? Why on earth would you think he would do something to jeopardize it?

JTCentral, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was also a question about proxy owners using the list to get rid of competition by abusing the adsense on the competitors proxy sites so they lost their adsense account.

login, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  10. munchausen

munchausen Member

Best Answers:
    In general, the question of whether a user can interfere with any Adsense publisher account has nothing to do with this thread or with Proxy.org. Proxy.org has no authority to police activity that may occur on third-party websites. All that we can do is to continue to endeavor to prevent the Proxy.org system from being used inappropriately.

Specifically, the rumor that you refer to originated from Alton Jason Collins a.k.a. fr0gman, the same user who started this thread. In October 2007, He issued the following corrective statement that addresses each claim that he made about Proxy.org:

A signed copy of this letter is available here:
    https://proxy.org/img/2007-10-26_Exhibit_B.jpg
    Code (markup):

munchausen, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  11. funkywizard

funkywizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello.

I am a webmaster that runs a very large proxy network including Vtunnel.com and other popular web proxies. I must say that I have always found proxy.org to be run in a professional and upstanding manner, and the quality of traffic I have received from my advertising listings has always been excellent.

As a measure of full disclosure, I am a moderator on the proxy.org forums, however, I am not nor have I ever been employed by the owners of proxy.org nor do I stand to gain anything from their success. In fact, fewer advertisers on proxy.org just means more traffic for me from my listings.

However, I do not enjoy false rumors being spread that hurt the proxy industry, and the shenanigans of frogman have been extremely harmful to the community in general and proxy.org in particular. Proxy.org is an upstanding website.

funkywizard, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  12. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i thought that this was over a long time ago, who the hell brought this back up?

mubin, Jul 19, 2008 IP