1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reporting a spam result

Discussion in 'Google' started by vlasta, Feb 12, 2009.

?

Did Google react to your spam report?

1. Yes, within 2 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, within 2 months

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Yes, within 6 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, nothing happened

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello,

I could use a bit of help from those having experience with reporting spam to Google.

If you have reported spam to Google in the past (using http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html), please join the poll and let me (and other interested forum members) know the results.
    If you have never reported any spam or if the "spammy-ness" of the reported page was not obvious and you just tried to dethrone a competing site, please do NOT vote. This vote is here only to find out how Google reacts to genuine spam reports.

If you could add some details, it would be useful. I'll start:

* keyphrase searches per day: 2k
    * kind of spam: deceptive links on page all leading to ads;
    * the reported page got the #1 position in G due to tens of thousands (according to yahoo) of spammed links in blogs and the like
    * after ~ one month from the report (I used the anonymous one), its rankings are unaffected and the number of spammed links to that page keep growing

What are your experiences with reporting spam? Do you have nay tips, how to do it most effectively?

Have a nice day,
    V.

vlasta, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    reporting spam is, in my experience, a waste of time. A domain needs oodles * of spam reports over time and IPs in order to get it to the top of google's 'have a look' list. Still if anyone has had success with it, I'd be interested to know too.

* oodle - lots

contentboss, Feb 12, 2009 IP