1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Report your Success or Shame your Scammers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kidsko, May 27, 2010.

First of all, I'm curious to hear peoples opinions of what programs, ebooks, or other products which any of you have used that have actually helped you out or have hurt you.

I ask this because if you scan a lot of forums you always come across "5 Easy Steps to $2000/week" or something like that. But you know its gotta be a scam of some sort, but there's always more realistic ones like "Make $15/day Using Method X" or something of that sort.

So if your happy about a purchase or your pissed about a purchase (I'm sure there's many of you) lets hear what you have to say.

kidsko, May 27, 2010 IP
  2. simmo125

simmo125 Peon

Best Answers:
    my best reads so far have been link wheeling ebooks... Its by far the best, stable method of beating even the toughest competition by building mini keyword rich sites and targeting long tail keywords.

It gives your website or blog an extra kick up the rankings!

simmo125, May 27, 2010 IP
  3. fletd09

fletd09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people who look for get rich quick scheme's are begging to be scammed, because a majority of products catering to that audience never do what they promise. Also if you come across an ebook "5 Easy Steps to $2000/week" its obviously a scam if they sell it for $20 or some cheap amount.

fletd09, May 27, 2010 IP
  4. adferger1

adferger1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Ebook from Brad Callen "SEO mindset" is the best one I have purhased.
    Also: The software SEO Powersuite is the best software I have purhased...

adferger1, May 27, 2010 IP
  5. flydali

flydali Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to make money, but I know it will take some time. That is one thing I learned off this site. Its getting better each day.

flydali, May 27, 2010 IP
  6. welljy

welljy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not purhased any books about SEO, I always learned from forums and blogs.

welljy, May 27, 2010 IP
  7. John Galt

John Galt Peon

Best Answers:
    Skill oriented books are pretty much the only ones worth money, I.E. - PHP/MySQL Tutorials, Copywriting, Website Design,etc. Things that are applicable. Virtually everything else is a dream in a document(somebody's getting rich but it's prolly not you).

Here's a few that have been HUGE in my own biz:

Schwartz - Breakthrough Advertising
    Halbert - The Boron Letters
    Ferriss - 4 Hour Work Week
    37 Signals - Getting Real

A couple that were a waste of my time:

The Rich Jerk Manual
    Commission Blueprint
    (I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones that come to mind immediately)

John Galt, May 28, 2010 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    SEOBook was a good one for a rough idea of what you need to do to increase SERP's. However, it isn't for sale any longer and may even be a little bit obsolete by now if you can find it laying around somewhere. My experience is also that ebooks are primarily a waste of money and time.

PHPGator, May 28, 2010 IP
  9. angelswriting

angelswriting Peon

Best Answers:
    There are so many internet scams that it's hard to trust almost any marketing ebook or marketing idea. There are way too many pyramid scams as well

angelswriting, May 28, 2010 IP
  10. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree with Mr. Galt over here... (4 hour work week was a fantastic read btw)
    Anyhow, no body is or will ever sell a working money making method. Why would they? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    I would never sell a secret method, earning me 2k a month, to some newbs for 20-30 bucks. They will saturate the market
    and ruin the fun. Think about.
    Anything produced and pushed out by the gurus is either:
    a. Targeted at complete newbs (ala Wealthy Affiliate)
    b. Rehashed bullshit, which you won't have any problems figuring out yourself

So, in my personal opinion, stick to the forums, communicate, experiment, read and absorb. Instead of purchasing the next, pre-packaged and rehashed money-making guide. They are all BS.
    Cheers (and feel free to prove me wrong)

soneat, May 28, 2010 IP
  11. getleadsystempro

getleadsystempro Peon

Best Answers:
    Scams are really everywhere especially for online business. :mad: I was also been a victim before but good thing a friend helped me out to get more leads which are not just pure promise. it really works for me and my business but it also takes a good judgement if you find them credible. on my end, it really wokrs....thanks to getleadsystempro.com..I'm a fan...;)

getleadsystempro, May 29, 2010 IP
  12. greenhawk123

greenhawk123 Guest

Best Answers:
    I recommend anything written by Rob Fore or Robin Cahill
    SEnuke is good software but is expensive

greenhawk123, May 29, 2010 IP
  13. Ditso

Ditso Member

Best Answers:
    If the Robin Cahill you are talking about is the same Robin Cahill from Tampa Florida then he is a complete crook and has scammed many people me included with his "backlinking" promises. He posts on WF under several names (Binkbonk is one of them) until his WSO's get banned or removed.

Ditso, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  14. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If people just took a bit of time to research and to track down the free resources that are available -
    all the goolgle blogs, the google youtube channels, the free seomoz output, especially the whiteboard Friday presentations - blogs by Bruce Clay, Ann Smarty, Hobo SEO, Searchengine journal - there is SO MUCH quality free information available - 98% of the stuff that gets paid for is not a patch on all this.

magda, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  15. candid

candid Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I haven't spent any buck on email books .I prefer to visit bestest froums and take 1st hand knowledge from webmasters .So basically play safe .

candid, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  16. greenhawk123

greenhawk123 Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for letting me know that about Robin Cahill. I am wondering if is the same person. This is a lady. Or do you know if its a man posing as a woman ?

greenhawk123, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  17. jayjay11

jayjay11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Market samurai has been the main difference for me in finding out where i was going wrong with SEO.

I saw it as an investment in my business, after all if you never invest money into your tools then you will be stuck around doing nothing like the other chumps, trying to find a cracked version so they can compete!

http://www.marketsamurai.com/c/jaymail

jayjay11, Jun 19, 2010 IP