1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Report paid links" in webmasters tools

Discussion in 'Google' started by bibel, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its total BS......many sites sell text links for advertisement, not just PR.

how many of you would want a text link on google.com home page?

as for directories, they can never stop them....taking away peoples businesses

mikey1090, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  2. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just submitted a report

like this

You can see how fools they are as they do not even validate the urls!!!!!!!

and description also

from this we can understand that it is gimmick by Google to spread false information that they are tracking paid links!!!

Freewebspace, Jun 13, 2007 IP
    MeetHere and Mr_Kumar like this.
  3. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some serious overreaction here :eek:

Google is not going to annihilate your competition for you. All it wants is to secure its own business model. Ordinary users will start turning away from search engines if they don't return relevant results. That's all Google wants to do - return relevant results and not crappy MFA sites around that manipulate the algorithms for high SERPs.

But Google's best solution will be to end adwords/adsense/ppc/etc except that that is part of its business model :D

qazu, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  4. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nice find. :)

I thought to do it, but I am lazy to test. I don't know why, but I am pretty confident on what I think.

Mr_Kumar, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  5. Padmi

Padmi Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm - if you make a paid directory and put your competitors in for free and report them, guess what gets anhilated? Your directory! As I understand it, G will devalue links or sites it thinks are paid, not the recipients.

Go ahead and buy links if it brings good traffic. Just don't expect it to boost page rank or G serps.

Padmi, Jun 13, 2007 IP
    Deano likes this.
  6. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah that is rediculus but i am getting the feeling that word clouds sites will be banned from google.and i have pay some links in these sites...:-(

scoobby, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  7. cupid07

cupid07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What if you sell links? Do google crack down on you as well? or is it just buyers?

cupid07, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  8. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    They are fine with link sales if you add a no-follow tag to them. All they want is to ensure that sites do not sell links to just pass on PR to others.

ARonald, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  9. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Not all the links in the yahoo directory are paid you know? There is a way to submit for free, and yes they will accept quality sites for free.
    Even those that pay are not guaranteed to get in. It, like quite a few of the higher quality directories eg BOTW are seen as trusted sites by google.

Deano, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  10. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    I'd say you've got that the wrong way around. What will hapen is that the site selling the links will have their ability to pass PR removed. As many people have mentioned, if it was the buyers that got hit then it would be easy to set up an hate campaign against your competitors.

Deano, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  11. Big Zee

Big Zee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolute B*****it - Why should webmasters help google to correct its faulty alogrithm!! First they try and re-write html with their stupid nofollow tag, now they expect millions of users to correct their websites and use it, and at the same time spend ages correcting their alogrithm by spending time building it for them.

Are they going to pay us for our time spent doing their dirty work?

Big Zee, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  12. the-kids

the-kids Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would Google be able to verify that a link is paid?

it's ridiculous

the-kids, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  13. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, google wants a monopoly on this too! I bet they will soon roll out and new paid links system where they serve as the middleman. It's sad to see some of you wanting to rat on your competitors instead of realizing that google is trying to take over the entire internet.

lassie911, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  14. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I kinda feel the same, but not because of buying or selling links as much as for linkbaiting, thats what i can't understand how are they going to determine if it is a linkbait or just a paid post with a link to your site.

As far as, how they will determine who buys links for traffic or pagerank manipulation that is already clear and it was also discussed how to buy links for traffic purpose only, the rel="nofollow" will do the whole job (thats what Google claims or at least, Matt Cutts does in his blog).

Trapped, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  15. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    you believe that BOTW or yahoo directory is anyway better than other quality web directories?i dont think so....!

scoobby, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  16. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    I already see people reporting their SERPS's competitors. Let's see how this work for G-my opinion not very well.

balkanboy, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  17. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    I rank these two directories very highly, but that is not to say that there are not some other very high quality directories out there such as Alive, Sitesift etc.
    My point is that I do not think that these very old, and trusted directories are going to be penalised for selling links.

Deano, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  18. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is stupid since how can a webmaster can promote his/her site without buying links???

If Alive and Aviva has relied on natural links they would not have become top directories?

Freewebspace, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  19. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Gestapo hum report people i do not think Google should ask to do that. I was just reading a news from Jim Westergren and he was asked how he come to be so good. "I bought links" hahah the directory can say bye bye now then i guess.

What about Paid Per Post and all the others?

TheSyndicate, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  20. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the rub though. They're demanding webmasters, companies, every joe-shitz-the-rag-man with a website spend labor time to modify their pages in order to correct something that was caused by Google in the first place by inventing and publicly assigning/displaying the PR numbers.

In my own case, I'm involved on some level with over 70 web sites right now. Some are small (under 1k pages), some are much larger (50k + pages). Since adding the rel="nofollow" to links across tens (or hundreds) of thousands of pages would be highly time consuming, and is only for the sake of assisting Google in doing their own job better, can I bill Google for the labor time?

Of course not, because in some bizarro-world universe Google apparently believes that webmasters all serve at their pleasure.

/rant (mental note: must use less sugar in morning coffee from now on)

ScottBannon, Jun 13, 2007 IP