1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

reply to staff on support ticket

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Ian Haney, Mar 22, 2020.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your "left join" ensures that the right records are tied to each other - it's like finding a kid in a crowd and saying "go get your Mum" and they come back with the right woman.

as for getting the reply_id - right after you create the record you use something like $id = last_insert_id(); to grab it.
    str_replace then puts it into the string where the ### is, so it uses the value, it doesn't help you get it.

FWIW you've taken on a great project for learning. There's a lot going on, and in a month or so it would be good to revisit and be impressed at how much you learnt doing it, and have learnt since.

sarahk, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  2. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    right ok so can I take out ticket_id and user_id then out of the SELECT query below?

SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf_file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, u.customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on ((tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id)) left join users u on (u.user_id=tr.user_id and tr.user_type='customer') WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."' AND tr.reply_id = '".$_GET["reply_id"]."' AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."' order by reply_at desc
    PHP:
    after creating the record, I have got $last_inserted_id=$mysqli->insert_id; // returns last ID
    Is that the right bit of code to grab the id or should I use one of the following?

$mysqli->insert_id;
    $last_id = $conn->insert_id;
    $id = last_insert_id();
    PHP:
    It would be good to get it completed sooner as I feel it's nearly complete, it's just these last couple of bits, think this is the last bit if I remember and then can just test the create support ticket page, may need bit of tweak on that page so it works similar way as the reply to a ticket so it works if the user does not add a file for upload but I can get most code for that from the reply section of the support ticket that am currently working on

Ian Haney, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  3. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    I'll have a look at the code again in the morning to see how to get the reply_id in the query

Ian Haney, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the code you can use to connect files to individual comments, instead of connecting to whole ticket.
    Instead of creating a new column in files table, you can use the ticket_id column itself to store new reply_id,
    but to avoid confusion, I have used a new column.

<?php

if (isset($_POST['submit'])){
    $ticket_id= $_REQUEST['ticket_id'];
    if( !is_numeric($ticket_id) ){ echo "Error: Cannot continue"; exit; }

// File upload configuration
    $targetDir = "support-ticket-images/";
    $allowTypes = array('pdf','doc','docx','jpg','png','jpeg','gif');

$statusMsg = $errorMsg = $insertValuesSQL = $errorUpload = $errorUploadType = '';

// Escape user inputs for security
    $reply_text = strip_tags($_POST['reply_text'], ENT_QUOTES);
    $username = htmlentities($_SESSION["user_name"], ENT_QUOTES);
    $user_id = htmlentities($_SESSION["user_id"], ENT_QUOTES);
    $fileNames = array_filter($_FILES['files']['name']);

if(!empty($fileNames)){
    foreach($_FILES['files']['name'] as $key=>$val){
    //File upload path
    $fileName = basename($_FILES['files']['name'][$key]);
    $targetFilePath = $targetDir . $fileName;
    // Check whether file type is valid
    $fileType = pathinfo($targetFilePath, PATHINFO_EXTENSION);

if(in_array($fileType, $allowTypes)){
    // Upload file to server
    if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES["files"]["tmp_name"][$key], $targetFilePath)){
    // Image db insert sql
    $insertValuesSQL.="('".$fileName."', '$ticket_id', 'NewReplyID', '".$username."','".$user_id."'),";
    }//move ends
    }//file type check ends
    }//foreach ends
    }//empty file check ends

if(!empty($insertValuesSQL)){
    $insertValuesSQL = trim($insertValuesSQL, ',');
    }

//file checks done

//now add comment to table

if( strlen($reply_text)>3 ){

$sql = "INSERT INTO ticket_replies (ticket_id, reply_text,user_type, user_id) VALUES ('$ticket_id','$reply_text','customer', '$user_id');";
    $link->query($sql);
    $replyID= $link->insert_id;

if( strlen($insertValuesSQL)>3 ){
    $insertValuesSQL = str_replace( "'NewReplyID'","'$replyID'", $insertValuesSQL );

$sql="INSERT INTO support_ticket_files (file_name, ticket_id, reply_id, user_name, user_id) VALUES $insertValuesSQL ";
    $link->query($sql);
    }

$sql="UPDATE support_tickets set ticket_status = 'PENDING SUPPORT' where ticket_id ='$ticket_id'";

}else{
    echo "Error: Post a reply";
    }

//display any errors here

}//submit
    ?>

But remember one thing, if you use this, then you need to create one more column in your "support_ticket_files" table, called "reply_id", should be INT type.

Additionally, when you display your ticket, then that query will also change.

Currently you have a join on "ticket_id".
    That will remain, to pull out reply_text data,
    and another join will get added on reply_id column, to pull out files

JEET, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  5. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the code @JEET I have already got the reply_id as INT type in the support_ticket_files db table

So to display the ticket/replies, as you say I'll need to change the current query, that right? if ok to paste what the current query is like and will see if I can amend it

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Ian Haney, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  6. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    I've added in the code above @JEET and below is the current code for the query to get the replies and the filenames for any uploaded files once working

$sql= "SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf_file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, u.customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on ((tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id)) left join users u on (u.user_id=tr.user_id and tr.user_type='customer') WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."' AND tr.reply_id = '".$_GET["reply_id"]."' AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."' order by reply_at desc";
    echo $sql;
    if($replyresult = $link->query($sql)){
    PHP:
    That current code echos the following on the page itself

SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf_file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, u.customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on ((tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id)) left join users u on (u.user_id=tr.user_id and tr.user_type='customer') WHERE tr.ticket_id = '66' AND tr.reply_id = '' AND tr.user_id = '180' order by reply_at desc

7. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry @JEET bit confused by the JOIN on the ticket_id? I don't see that in the current query.

8. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    I noticed a small issue with my query where I had stf_file_name so corrected it to stf.file_name and also noticed I had ((tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id)) so corrected that to (tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id)

It's still not getting the reply_id in the sql query echo. it's just got AND tr.reply_id = ''

I did think to change it to stf.reply_id but that still gives the same result and not getting the reply_id so still end up with AND stf.reply_id = "

9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is the primary key of ticket_replies table? Name of the auto_increment column?
    In the below query replace "ticket_id_key" with that name and this should work.

$sql= "SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf.file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, u.customer_name
    FROM ticket_replies tr
    left join support_ticket_files stf on
    tr.ticket_id_key = stf.reply_id
    left join users u on
    u.user_id=tr.user_id
    WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."'
    AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."'
    group by tr.ticket_id
    order by tr.reply_at desc ";

JEET, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  10. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    @JEET The primary key of ticket_replies is reply_id and it is auto increment column

I'll try the code now and post a update

11. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    @JEET I have updated the query to the following but still not seeing any replies and the echo shown on the page is below the query below

$sql= "SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf.file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, .customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id left join users u on u.user_id=tr.user_id WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."' AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."' group by tr.ticket_id order by tr.reply_at desc";
    PHP:
    SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf.file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, .customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id left join users u on u.user_id=tr.user_id WHERE tr.ticket_id = '66' AND tr.user_id = '180' group by tr.ticket_id order by tr.reply_at desc

The block of code is below

<?php

$sql= "SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf.file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, .customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id left join users u on u.user_id=tr.user_id WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."' AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."' group by tr.ticket_id order by tr.reply_at desc";

echo $sql;

?>

if ($replyresult->num_rows > 0) {
          while ($row = $replyresult->fetch_object())  {
    ?>

<div class="panel panel-info panel-default-reply">

<?php echo ($row->user_id!=$_SESSION['user_id'])?'':''; ?>
        <div class="panel-heading-replies" role="tab">
         <i class="fa fa-user" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp; <?php echo ($row->user_id==$_SESSION['user_id'])?$row->customer_name:'Support Team'; ?>
          <span class="pull-right"><?php echo $row->reply_at?></span>
          </div>
           <div class="panel-body">
                  <?php echo html_entity_decode($row->reply_text) ?>
                   <br>
                  <?php echo html_entity_decode($row->file_name) ?>
          </div>
           </div>

<?php
    }
    }
    }
    ?>
    PHP:

12. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    @JEET I just spotted another mistake in my query compared to yours, I noticed on my query I had .customer_name instead of u.customer_name and refreshed the page itself and it's showing the reply now with the file_name in the box so that's good but it's not showing any of the other replies.

There should be another 4 replies for the ticket id 66 looking at my phpmyadmin ticket_replies db table

I have taken another screenshot of how it now looks. I take it now I can comment out the echo $sql just in case I need it again in the future

My updated code is below

<?php

$sql= "SELECT tr.ticket_id, tr.reply_id, stf.file_name, tr.reply_text, tr.user_id, DATE_FORMAT(tr.reply_at,'%d/%m/%Y \at\ %H:%i:%s') AS reply_at, u.customer_name FROM ticket_replies tr left join support_ticket_files stf on tr.reply_id = stf.reply_id left join users u on u.user_id=tr.user_id WHERE tr.ticket_id = '".$_GET["ticket_id"]."' AND tr.user_id = '".$_SESSION["user_id"]."' group by tr.ticket_id order by tr.reply_at desc";

echo $sql;

if ($replyresult->num_rows > 0) {
    while ($row = $replyresult->fetch_object())  {
    ?>

<div class="panel panel-info panel-default-reply">

<?php echo ($row->user_id!=$_SESSION['user_id'])?'':''; ?>
    <div class="panel-heading-replies" role="tab">
    <i class="fa fa-user" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp; <?php echo ($row->user_id==$_SESSION['user_id'])?$row->customer_name:'Support Team'; ?>
    <span class="pull-right"><?php echo $row->reply_at?></span>
    </div>

<div class="panel-body">
    <?php echo html_entity_decode($row->reply_text) ?>
    <br>
    <?php echo html_entity_decode($row->file_name) ?>
    </div>
    </div>

<?php
    }
    }
    }
    ?>
    PHP:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's exciting when it all comes together, right?

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  14. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    Definitely and I am learning as well, I admit it takes a while to sink in, I only got my head around how prepared statements work the other day with placeholders etc.

Just need to find out if possible why the other replies are not showing for ticket id 66, looking at the phpmyadmin and the ticket_replies db table, there are 4 other replies for ticket id 66 but as my screenshot shows, there is only the one reply showing which is the one with the file_name in it

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    group by tr.ticket_id 
    Code (markup):
    This is clumping all the replies together

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  16. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    @sarahk ahh ok sorry forgot about group bit that groups them all together, I have removed it now and it's showing all the users reply, hopefully last issue now for this php page is that it's not showing the reply I sent from the admin side(support staff)

I wonder if I need to add in tr.user_type='customer' to the query, would that solve it?

17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That won't make any difference. You're already filtering by user_id and the user is either a customer or they aren't.

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  18. Ian Haney

Ian Haney Banned

Best Answers:
    Ahh ok, how can I get all the replies to show so it shows replies from the user and the support staff? Do I need to select user_type from the ticket_replies db table as well?

19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No, leave the user_type out, the only thing in your where statement should be the ticket_id

add fields into the top of the query as you need them for display purposes, just leave them out of the where

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  20. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Ian Haney
    Is your support staff also registered in the same users table?
    Something like this:
    ( 10, 'John', staff' ),
    '( 88, 'David', 'customer' )
    and so on.

JEET, Mar 25, 2020 IP