1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Replace-jQuery scripts

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by sarahk, Sep 13, 2021.

https://github.com/sachinchoolur/replace-jquery

I haven't had a chance to test this out yet but here in the digitalpoint forums we frequently discuss reducing our reliance on jQuery. This package apparently finds the jQuery and suggests alternatives that go in your scripts, rather than creating an alternative package.

Looks very interesting!

sarahk, Sep 13, 2021 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Given that most of what jQuery does -- or more specifically what people do with it -- either has no business being scripted in the first place, or is fundamentally flawed in how it is being done, I'm highly skeptical that any automated tool could replicate what SHOULD be done on the shit-shows of incompetence people build with it. The "vanilla" it vomits up likely being just as bad if not worse than the trash you get by using the mental-huffing-midgetry that is jQuery in the first damned place.

Just looking at it, I get the feeling this is the same type of know-nothing scam-artistry as "accessibility overlays".

deathshadow, Sep 14, 2021 IP