1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Replace <head></head> in html

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by PunitJain, Jul 27, 2022.

How might I replace head tag in html with my own provided code using cheerio?
    The html structure:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
      <title>Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>

Example html doc......

</body>
    </html>
    Code (markup):

PunitJain, Jul 27, 2022 IP
  2. denis bayly

denis bayly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there PunitJain,

your basic HTML document should look like this...

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html lang="en">
    <head>

<meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,height=device-height,initial-scale=1">

<title>Untitled document</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="screen.css" media="screen">

</head>
    <body>

</body>
    </html>

Code (markup):
    ...PERIOD !

coothead

denis bayly, Jul 28, 2022 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't really help, the poor sod has been suckered into using the shit-show that is "cheerio" which is why stuff like that is (poorly) auto-generated for him. "cheerio.js" is the poster child for SPA only "f*** accessibility" asshat nonsense. A how-to guide on "screw usability and accessibility" hiding behind bald faced lies of making things "better" or "easier". Of course it's based on the shit-show that is jQuery.

He'd be doing something like:

const cheerio = require('cheerio');
    $.html();

Code (markup):
    And it spits out the HTML/HEAD/BODY tags and the contents therein for him.

Because it's jQuery f***wittery, I believe you can selector the page and simply replace its content.

$("head").html("<title>Test</title>");

Would replace the entire contents of the head with that title tag.

Horrifying waste of bandwidth though, possibly insecure since $().html() is a innerHTML wrapper. But that's to be expected with the shit-show of developer ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude that is jQuery. Worst of all it's doing something client side that generally has ZERO honking business being even touched client-side.

I think that's something that pisses off jQ fans when I rag on it. I do know how to use it, so I know where to stick the knife and twist. And knowing it and how it works is why I hate it and cannot fathom how or why anyone is gullible enough to use it by choice.

But to be fair I say the same about all the hot and trendy framework bullshit. Makes you work harder, not smarter.

deathshadow, Aug 11, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.