1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Replace ads on a website with ads from new account

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Cristi-, Sep 2, 2015.

Hi there,

A co-worker and I have a website with working adsense ads and good traffic.
    Adsense account is on his name (and has almost 2 years).

As he will not work for this website we need to change the owner of the adsense account or change the account from with the ads come from (create a new account on my name).

How should I do this?
    Can I apply for a new account with this website considering it already displays ads? (what if I remove the old ads first?)

Thanks guys

Cristi-, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  2. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    yes ... you can change the name! You can't however, transfer the account. But, you can change the Payee name and even the address. But, after you change the name - You will have to change the Tax Info and resubmit it. https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2498454?ctx=billing&hl=en&rd=2

parisent, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  3. Cristi-

Cristi- Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, have you or anybody else tried that?

on the other hand it comes in confilict with this ...
    "Though our Terms and Conditions don't permit transfers of account ownership, we do allow you to update your payee name to fix misspellings, or to make adjustments for changes such as marriage, death, or company mergers."
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/160202?hl=en

Cristi-, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is wrong and bad advice for the reason that @cristi said. Read what that Google page actually says!
    That is the only option you have. It is probably better to remove the adverts first. Just because it was approved in the past, does not mean that you will be approved. Standards change over time.

Agent000, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  5. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    have you transferred the ownership of the site in google webmaster tools? that would be my first step

next remove some ads in unimportant places, get approved (unless your new adsense acct is already approved) and then fix the more popular ads second

pmf123, Oct 3, 2015 IP
  6. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    read what this says ___________________________https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2498454?ctx=billing&hl=en&rd=2

parisent, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  7. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:

parisent, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  8. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    So, NO - it is NOT Wrong or Bad Advice - it is exactly what is explained in the url I provided --- they say you can change the payee name,
    but can not transfer the account - but as they clearly explain in the url I provided - the Payee NAME "CAN" be Changed - and they also explain that after you change the Payee Name -You must update the TAX Info to Match the Current New Name in the Profile - and Resubmit it. So as you can see - it is NOT Bad Advice at all .......

parisent, Oct 5, 2015 IP