1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reoptimising my website

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by earnnet, Mar 24, 2012.

Hello,
    I will try to target a wider audience with more general keywords because longtail keywords brought traffic slowly. My website is content-based as there are articles like tutorials on it, but it seems not enough yet. My question is that how much articles do I need for being on one of the first two SERP pages? Is there a tool to find that out? There are 90K worldwide Google searches to my new keyword so the competition is pretty high.

earnnet, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  2. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you should have at least 12-15 articles of 500-700 words minimum. It seems that google cares more about the quality and length of your content then the amount of articles that you have.

MrKeh, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  3. earnnet

earnnet Member

Best Answers:
    I have 50 articles at the moment.

earnnet, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  4. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have plenty of content. I think you need to focus on backlinking. You need to have backlinks to rank for your keywords.

MrKeh, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  5. earnnet

earnnet Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't want to pay for them... I don't trust in anyone offering permanent backlinks...

earnnet, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  6. The-A

The-A Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ dude, you can't get good ranking with articles only, especially when they're not SEO optimized (think of density, header tag, img, etc) you need backlinks and if you can't trust any providers then you opt for the hard way. trust me, been there, did the same thing

The-A, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  7. earnnet

earnnet Member

Best Answers:
    They do are SEO optimised and come in high-quality with 500-1000 words. Is there a way of getting hq backlinks for free?

earnnet, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  8. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Search Google for blogs related to your niche and make comments with backlinks to your articles. Use your keywords as anchortext. Search for forums related to your niche and use forum signatures. Spin your articles and submit them to article directories with links back to your website.

MrKeh, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  9. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are the many factors which depend on the SEO. This does not depend that your site is on first page or first rank.Some time your content is not better than other. Depend on the "keyword " factor as well unique content(good quality) which has been search many times.

humtuma, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  10. earnnet

earnnet Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I think competitors have way worse websites but they might have backlinks. I'd be happy if I ranked on the 2nd SERP as well now.

earnnet, Mar 25, 2012 IP