1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Renting a kiosk

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Hide_My_Ass, Jan 14, 2011.

Hey guys, I will be renting a kiosk at the mall near my house soon and was hoping to brain storm with you guys ;)

So what do you guys think I should open it? My cousin will be working with me and hes thinking food. Everyone loves food :) Im thinking ice cream.

What do you guys think will make good money and sell good?

Thanks!!

Hide_My_Ass, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  2. Alex:

Alex: Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know how you expect us to give you any, half decent answer without explaining what sort of target audience you've got, I'm assuming you've checked out the sort of customer base you'll be expecting on a daily basis? Obviously at different days/times you'll have different 'groups' of people, for example your probably not going to find a load of elder people out and about at 8 on a Saturday night, nor will you see many younger children at this time, or do you? etc.

Alex:, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  3. Hide_My_Ass

Hide_My_Ass Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure, Maybe I should go there every day for the next week to observe. Online they said most people that go to the mall are woman between the age of 30-60.

Do you know about how much the monthly rent is?

Hide_My_Ass, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  4. dillfly2000

dillfly2000 Member

Best Answers:
    My friend rented a kiosk in the mall and filled it with Japanese imported anime, toys, accessories, gadgets and such, seems to be working well for him, he just purchased a new car.

dillfly2000, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  5. jasedona

jasedona Peon

Best Answers:
    Sunglasses are always a winner for outdoor malls.

jasedona, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  6. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I advise you to research thoroughly what it is you're going to be selling at the mall, your target audience and see what other kiosks operators are selling so you're not duplicating what they are selling to make your business stand out and be competitive. You need to find out what the monthly rental fee is plus what additional services (if any) the owners of kiosk will offer you when you rent from them. There are many things you can sell from kiosk but ice cream isn't one of those things in my humble opinion. I have never seen anybody else selling ice cream from a kiosk at the mall. I'm sure you will find something that will interest you and your partner to be successful.

muffet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. mohawker

mohawker Active Member

Best Answers:
    You rented a kiosk without even having
    an idea of what you're going to sell?

This is a case of bass-ackwards man.

Sell what the locals are already buying.
    What's currently hot in your local area?
    What's currently popular in the mall?

If you're only doing it as a hobby,
    you can sell anything, but preferably
    something you have interest in.

mohawker, Jan 18, 2011 IP