1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

rent-a-list review - Don't rent lists from rent-a-list.com!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jambon, Feb 24, 2009.

1. WebsiteBoosterKit.com

WebsiteBoosterKit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Doug

I will definitely post the results here. About all i can do at this point is cross my fingers and hope for the best... the campaign is for an opt in page for a free guide so let's see how this goes ...

WebsiteBoosterKit.com, May 6, 2010 IP
  2. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    What were your results?

softstor, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  3. lisaoliver

lisaoliver Peon

Best Answers:
    I had always thought that traffic and safe lists were only full of people wanting to promote their own products, but if you have the time (rather than money) then using the time tested methods of driving traffic like article marketing, video marketing and other free methods surely work the best over the long term?

lisaoliver, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. WebsiteBoosterKit.com

WebsiteBoosterKit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    The results I got were quite poor to say the least. I would not recommend this service.

I have purchased solo mailings in the past from other vendors in the past and those have performed way better.

Hope that helps.

WebsiteBoosterKit.com, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. jwpdad

jwpdad Peon

Best Answers:
    jambon - thanks for the warning, I always try to check the forums to see if people are having good experiences with a service before hitting the buy button.

jwpdad, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  6. msmedia

msmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Jambon,

This is Abe Cherian and my company Multiple Stream Media owns Rent-A-List.com web property.

I appreciate this platform as much as all of you here.

I have been notified of this negative post of Rent-A-List a while back and I know, I should have responded faster. Well, the reason for responding now is because quite a few people (some clients, some new users) have been notifying us of this post and I figured I'll let you know what's going on.

I understand Jambon's frustration but I wish he/she had contacted us to discuss his campaign before posting it here. Anyways, I wish I knew who Jambon' was, so that I can personally pull his campaign and maybe even offer a re-run or a refund.

The fact of the matter is, we provide advertising service and there are many elements that would affect a campaign. We also provide free consultation before, during and after the campaigns are finished. There is so much help available, but people don't take advantage of it.

A little about my company and it's services:

We've been doing business online since 1999 with over 68,000 + advertisers. We provide a service that produces varied results for all advertisers.

Advertisers come in all types, and experience level. From the start of a campaign to the end, they have complete control of what and how they present themselves to their specific market.

Why do some advertisers do well while others don't? I really cannot answer that on one post. It depends on each product, the market, their marketing systems...etc/

We try to be as transparent as possible with all the stats. Stats are removed from the members area after 3 months so our servers are not clogged.

Usually when an advertiser is unhappy for some reason, we try to call them, resend their campaigns if they decide to improve on their ad quality, or refund them if we are not able to work with them. We cannot locate the person's real phone number on or name on the post as he wish to remain anonymous.

We also provide free consultation service even before someone starts a campaign. Most people don't take advantage of this service. People who do, have been long standing and satisfied customers.

Several Marketers and bloggers have reviewed Rent-A-List also. (You can google more bolg review if you like)

If you like you may read one here from bloggingtips.com:

(Oops sorry I am not able to post any live links - please google bloggingtips , rent-a-list review)

Some Recent Case-Studies We've done from Rent-A-List Clients:

(Oops sorry I am not able to post any live links - please refer to our website for the case studies)

[/url]

We provide a phone support and live chat support during normal working hours.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

For the webmaster of digitalpoint.com, thank you for providing a platform like this.

Sincerely,

Abe Cherian
    Multiple Stream Media
    Owner of Rent-A-List.com

msmedia, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  7. emaillist

emaillist Active Member

Best Answers:
    don't rent at all. Buy lists. I own a list company. trust me.

emaillist, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  8. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All of these "lists for sale" and "rent a list" sites aren't worth squat. The only list that is really worth anything is the list that you build yourself that's double opt-in and targeted.

cjmo75, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  9. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very rare 100,000 would opt in for anything, opt in lists average a few thousands at the most

golfpro1, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  10. emaillist

emaillist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just don't think you should have to pay to rent a list. Once you pay you should own it and be able to market to it as many times as you would like. That's how I operate my list company.

Oh and when you send out to a 3rd party list as long as you do it right you can make an inbound call center out of it your marketing with all the responses you get. I have billion dollar companies that use my lists for marketing. It's all about doing it right.

emaillist, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  11. jessicachai

jessicachai Peon

Best Answers:
    i have used this website as well, not good, only one email of 5000 email ordered. waste money.

jessicachai, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  12. gertie2u

gertie2u Peon

Best Answers:
    RENT A LIST IS A RIP OFF SCAM! Ordered 2000 list with 820 guaranteed hits and , gee, guess what? Not one actual lifeform clicked to open my site! Sure. It showed the "guaranteed hits, but NO click through. Showed the clicks all happened in 2 days? I told them they were liars and cheats and I would tell the world. They are reealy bad. STAY AWAY!

gertie2u, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  13. Witti

Witti Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not calling anyone a scam, but guys, seriously, the best is just to concentrate your efforts on building your own lists.

Witti, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  14. thehustler

thehustler Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used rent-a-list for a while. It is not a scam, Nor do I work for them or have any assoiciation besides being a customer.
    My review is on the OP here.
    You received 137 clicks. To me this means your banner as well as your product did not convert, you can not put this on rent a list.

I will tell you how to get the best benefit from rentalist. First do not do banners. They are a waste of time compared to solos

Next get a product you will give a way for free.
    Make a swipe and send it to them start with the lowest cost 19.95, I still do this with all new campaigns.
    Make it niche specific.
    You will probably and I say probably because it depends on your ad copy and your squeeze page, but you should get at least a 50 percent ctr.
    Now it just depends on your squeeze page or as I still call it, landing page to do the work.

Now you have that list of emails on your own list.

Did you get at least a 50 percent ctr on your ad and maybe 30 percent on your squeeze, then you did something right, so now you can do the next level.

Didn't get it, then revise something. The best place to test your swipe ad and your squeeze page is here, warriors, v7, moneymakers, and all the other forums. These people love to be critics. Go through a few reviews make the changes and get some more opinions. Now do it again and again till you get it right.

Please do not call people scammers because your results were sub par, I saw your review and if anyone is a scammer it is you by bad mouthing someone for your own work not converting. I have a friend who is a copy writer and when they use rent-a-list there conversions are well over 50 percent on both ends. Sometimes they even do me one lol.

thehustler, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  15. Lewey Lu

Lewey Lu Guest

Best Answers:
    Charge from experience. I've been burned few times also and it's tough and frustrating specially when you need expect something good. If you want a list of solo ad vendor that been converting for me, hit me up. I have a list of them.

Cheers,

Lewey

Lewey Lu, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  16. fabs

fabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you could invest your money in better tecniques.

fabs, Oct 3, 2012 IP