1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rendering web pages progressively

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Fabrizio Bartolomucci, Feb 17, 2014.

I am delivering my php scripts from a new Apache server on CentOS delivering them only at the end of the loading. What is a pain, especially for pages being used by iOS apps just needing the xml section even if the script goes further, or when presenting information while they are generated.

How do I change this behavior?

Thanks,
    Fabrizio Bartolomucci

Fabrizio Bartolomucci, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  2. cesurasean

cesurasean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mr. Bartolomucci,

Can you please explain your problem a bit better for us?

cesurasean, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. Fabrizio Bartolomucci

Fabrizio Bartolomucci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, especially with Chrome, the browser prints all contents from a php script only at the end. This creates problems when logging some long process where the screen remains blank all the time defeating the logging, and especially when a script doing some processing after returning data is executed by a iOS app, thus delaying the feedback. Luckly this latter effect seem not to happen, possibly in virtue of the NSUrlConnection timeout, I do not know.
    In particular I am not clear whether this effect depends on the broswer or on the server: you may see the effect, for example, at:
    http://www.taxiprofessional.net/iPhone/inarrivo/php/testInsertBus.php?bus=06

Fabrizio Bartolomucci, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  4. Milosovic Bejdak

Milosovic Bejdak Member

Best Answers:
    The lagging is caused by the server. You are going to have to refactor your database queries to speed up the process. Try adding pagination to make the experience smoother for the user.

Milosovic Bejdak, Mar 9, 2014 IP