1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing Low and Old Quality Blog Post/Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jackburd, Jul 12, 2017.

I found out that removing low quality post will be helpful for my site. But this means I will have 404 pages.
    1. What is the best thing to do with these page? redirect to high quality content?
    2. How will I tell Google that I already removed those pages.
    Thanks!

jackburd, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  2. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    You need to replace the content from low to high quality & submit a request in Google webmaster tool.

deepakrajput, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  3. Pawansharma

Pawansharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can just replace low quality content with fresh and unique content and fetch with google webmaster tool.

Pawansharma, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  4. jackburd

jackburd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

jackburd, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  5. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By deleting low and old quality blog posts and pages, you will definitely increase the average quality of your website. 404 errors indicate that the page is “not found”, which means that the deleted content can stay indexed longer on Google and other SERPs. 410 errors, however, indicate that a blog post has been permanently deleted and informs Google that you have no intention of bringing it back (if you are using WordPress, I recommend the “410 for WordPress” plugin).

When deleting your old content, double-check if it’s being properly redirected to a freshly updated article. If you cannot redirect your old blog posts, simply delete them by using a “410 Gone” response code. This way your user experience won’t suffer.

Gosuperb, Jul 13, 2017 IP