1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing Cache Pages on Google Results

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Elee, Nov 12, 2005.

Does anyone know how to get Google to remove cached pages? I have gone to google/support, filed the necessary forms, called and listen to their recorded message, but still no changes in the cached pages.

Has anyone ever had any positive results in getting cached pages removed from Google? Thanks

Elee, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  2. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Not delete any page in google of my all site

shaileshk, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  3. Elee

Elee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your most informative and helpful comment!!

Elee, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  4. web-spy

web-spy Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what do you mean exactly?? Remove pages of your website that are cached by Google?
    Have you tried adding <meta name="robots" content="noarchive,nocache" />?

web-spy, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  5. Elee

Elee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, the pages have already been removed from my website, but the caches are still out there. I am told that when Google re-crawls my site then the old caches will be removed.

If that is the casse, how do I get Google to crawl my site??

In the meantime, is there a way I can get Google to simply REMOVE the caches they current have?

Thanks

Elee, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  6. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
  7. Web1.in

Web1.in Peon

Best Answers:
    hey..nice..I was looking for somehting like this..

Thanks
    Deep

Web1.in, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  8. chill_ing

chill_ing Guest

Best Answers:
    does anybody know how long that takes normally? There is a website, which I'm not the owner of, but they just removed a site with my name in it and it still appears at the top of google results and there is a cached version. The page gives a 404 error and I requested google to remove it about 2weeks ago.... help would be appreciated!!

thanks

chill_ing, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  9. ccisystems

ccisystems Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just had a case like this, I have asked Google to remove a couple pages that I did not want to show up in the cached versions and they removed them in 3 days.

ccisystems, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  10. starscream

starscream Peon

Best Answers:
    I have this same problem. I went to their webmaster tools section and it was completely useless, I jumped through all their hoops like placing <meta name="robots" content="noarchive"> in my new site and it's been 2 weeks and nothing. I searched high and low for a way to contact google directly by email preferrably and for the life of me, I can't find a contact info.

I really wished they wouldn't cache people's websites without their consent. Because it's essentially highjacking someone's site in my opinion. If they do cache websites, the least they can do is make it easy for the owner to have the option of removing the cache easily instead of banging our heads and making us jump through hoops to do it.

Enough of my rant, back to my point, is there any way to expediting google to remove their cache version of my site? Does anyone know the contact email I can email them directly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. by the way, I tried the http://services.google.com:8882/urlconsole/controller?cmd=reload&lastcmd=login , it timed out, what is the purpose of that url?

starscream, Jun 13, 2009 IP