1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing Blogger title (not the navbar)

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by toryitw, Jul 27, 2006.

I was wondering if anybody can explain how to remove the blog title from the top of a blogger blog. I want to use my own banner but when I have tried to put it on the blog the title is placed over the top of it. I thought there might have been a 'hide' option in the blogger control panel but I can't find it.

toryitw, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  2. KeithLDick

KeithLDick Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done it but its' really late and I'll have to look tomorrow...

Try Looking for the *Name of Your Blog* in the Blogger code and deleteing all of that line... *But First!!!!!!!!!!!! and For Most!!!!!!*....

The very first thing I did and would do if I was you is copy all the *CODE for Your Blog* and paste into a Notepad file or other and save it as a text file (ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!)... Backups are very Important if you are going to mess with the code...

I've done this since I started messing with the code and I can tell ya, it's nice to have a *Backup* after you make a few mistakes... I do a backup of my Sites Code once a week if I'm messing with it or so and name it as to the date, makes it real easy to get back to after, if I made a mistake...

KeithLDick, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  3. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  4. KeithLDick

KeithLDick Peon

Best Answers:
  5. toryitw

toryitw Peon

Best Answers:
    Rubeina thanks but it's not the navbar that I am trying to remove, it's the blog title.

Keith I've tried removing the title of the blog in the code but it hasn't worked I'm afraid. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

toryitw, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  6. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Oops sorry :D ..

rubeina, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  7. KeithLDick

KeithLDick Peon

Best Answers:
    Only thing I can think of is somewhere in your *Templete Code* is the Title and the code that you need to delete....

Maybe somewhere in here (This was my code)... or one of the H1 or H2 codes???... or just the <title>Lifetime Gamer</title>... It's there somewhere...

<title><$BlogPageTitle$></title>
    <style type="text/css">
    body{margin:0px;padding:0px;background:#f6f6f6;color:#000000;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif;}
    a{color:#DE7008;}
    a:hover{color:#E0AD12;}
    #logo{padding:0px;margin:0px;}
    div#mainClm{float:right;width:66%;padding:30px 7% 10px 3%;border-left:dotted 1px #E0AD12;}
    div#sideBar{margin:20px 0px 0px 1em;padding:0px;text-align:left;}
    #header{padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;border-top:1px solid #eeeeee;border-bottom:dotted 1px #E0AD12;background:#F5E39E;color:white;}
    h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,h7,h8,h9,h10{padding:0px;margin:0px;}
    h1 a:link {text-decoration:none;color:#F5DEB3}
    h1 a:visited {text-decoration:none;color:#F5DEB3}
    h1{padding:25px 0px 10px 5%;border-top:double 3px #BF5C00;border-bottom:solid 1px #E89E47;color:#F5DEB3;background:#DE7008;font:bold 300% Verdana,Sans-Serif;letter-spacing:-2px;}
    h2{color:#9E5205;font-weight:bold;font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif;letter-spacing:-1px;}
    h3{margin:10px 0px 0px 0px;color:#777777;font-size:105%;}
    h4{color:#aa0033;}

8. toryitw

toryitw Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally got it removed.

Thanks.

toryitw, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  9. blogging guy

blogging guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you asking to remove title tag (title in browser tab) or blog title in the header of your blog.

blogging guy, May 25, 2012 IP