1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove Your Enemies From Yahoo Search In 48h

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by brandnewx, Apr 1, 2007.

1. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what Richard Henry posted after he has scammed a member of my forum:

Richard Henry: You must be the dumbest scum bag that ever tried to trade forex. Thanks for the money. I am using it to pay for my new Lamborghini diablo.

Link to the post

brandnewx, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  2. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's real nasty statement. brandnewx ... why dont you fill in a case against him or even contact Yahoo with legal documents. Try sending a Fax to them with all the possible proofs you have with you.

Yfcadmin, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never have liked Yahoo in searches and in ability to find what I am looking for. This just makes me cringe away from opening a yahoo account for advertising.

I say you should do what you think is right - and if he does do this to you on google go all out and go apes*** on him.

Jackuul, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  4. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm filing a counter-DMCA to yahoo now after a special recommendation. It has been confirmed now that my site was removed because of DMCA.

If the counter-notice is a success in bringing back my site, I'm going to sue Richard Henry for misuse of DMCA.

brandnewx, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  5. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    For more info, two urls linked to the thread is now removed from Google. I think my whole site is going to be removed in Google pretty soon.

I can't believe such a lawful notice like DMCA to combat real copyright infringement is being abused this way. Yahoo or Google by laws has to respond to the DMCA notice they received, or they run a risk of being sued. I was being harsh lately on blaming Yahoo guys--they have no choice either. However, there is counter-notice available for me. When Yahoo or Google receives my count-notice, they by laws will have to do what the counter-notice tells them to. With DMCA and counter-notice in hand, Yahoo or Google is safe.

6. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes brandnewx... The main thing is what you do. If you sit still and dont do anything ... then it proves your side as the wrong one. .. Filing a case will sow that you are actively involved and that there is something wrong in this whole case.

Yfcadmin, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  7. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Got a response from Yahoo legal department. They response much faster than I thought. My site is going back before April 24, if Richard Henry doesn't file lawsuit against me or Yahoo. Kudos to you guys and yahoo legal department. ;)

8. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you see Yahoo isnt that bad at all... Still can give details about what you did for filing a case. That might help any newbie.

Yfcadmin, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  9. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Without posting this, I wouldn't have a chance to know what went wrong. A considerate Yahoo employee or manager happened to read this thread, so he contacted me and offered a special checking. I appreciate his help wholeheartedly. But apparently, Yahoo as the whole didn't notify me as required by DMCA laws (maybe not required since i'm not legally a subscriber/client of Yahoo).

Here's what I've learnt. It's neither Yahoo's or Google's fault or intention to remove my site from their search index. The whole problem lies in DMCA laws; it's problematic and flawed. Obviously, it is just too easy to abuse this. You can well fake a DMCA notice, send to ISP, web host, registrar or search engine to shoot your competitor down. It's damn easy to fake and the DMCA system is at your advantage, no matter what. The receiver of DMCA has to do something about it *without* verifying the legitimacy of the claim. They can't verify the issue much because DMCA does not protect them. DMCA notice is biased to the complainant side.

Now let see how Google handles counter notification. It's been like 24h. No reply yet. Ok, now I feel like shooting somebody's site down; after all, DMCA is a double-edged sword.

brandnewx, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  10. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Feels great to me......... ;) ... :D

Yfcadmin, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  11. The Ceo

The Ceo Guest

Best Answers:
    hmmm... a bit below the belt but many people will do anything.

The Ceo, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  12. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on getting this resolved, or at least, on a successful start to the resolution process. This is one of the reasons I don't badmouth anyone online, no reason to get them on a crusade to take you down.

Anita, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  13. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I think too - well said.

Jackuul, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  14. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:

Attached Files:

15. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    I cannot believe there are people who are so persistent when they're perpetuating a lie. His guise and attempts of social engineering will land him in prison. I recommend you immediately seek litigation against him NOW. It is absolutely evident he won't stop his insanity!

Jackuul, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  16. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you are in the process of getting things sorted out. I have been following this whole story from the beginning. Though Henry blatantly abused the DMCA, I think it's only fair to consider the positive affects it would have if someone was actually violating your copyright. However, you should definitely take legal action against him...

I'll keep following the story :) Hope things work out!

Ever consider submitting this story to digg? I saw a looney copyright lawsuit on there the other day :p

Louis11, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  17. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for following my DMCA story. But i'm sure you are learning how to protect yourself from this kind of situation. I'll keep you informed.

Cory from BoingBoing.net has fowarded my help letter to ChillingEffects and EFF--thanks Cory. Hopefully they can help me sue or stop this guy. Note that i'm not living in the states; therefore, it's not an easy task to sue somebody from abroad. If the damage turns significant anytime, I'll fly there personally.

18. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever goes .... dont give up. Fax the copies of proofs and the details to Yahoo and Google. Both companies are supportive. Infact you have seen Yahoo with personal assistance here on digitalpoint. Its better if you file a DMCA yourself.

Yfcadmin, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  19. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh look like this guy is cornered. This is his email a few hours ago:

Richard Henry:
    I am getting a court order to permantnly remove your site from google and yahoo. You will not be getting any more money from your google adwords. I am also going to contact google adwords and tell them about your fraud and get them to cancell your account. You will be then just a penniless as all the losers in your shit country. If you want me to stop then remove all posts abount conquest and protraderforex in its total. If you do not then you will pay the price

Rich

brandnewx, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  20. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords ... I guess he's talking about Google Adsense ... I guess your appeal got into his brain. :D ... Good work

Dont you worry about it. No court can denied your true case. ;)

Yfcadmin, Apr 12, 2007 IP