1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove Your Enemies From Yahoo Search In 48h

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by brandnewx, Apr 1, 2007.

Apparently, my rival has successfully removed my site fxfisherman.com from yahoo search index by just reporting copyright infringement to yahoo. Obviously my site has nothing to do with copyright infringement. There is no pirated file, no illegal content, no link to illegal content, no torrent, no nothing. And yahoo is too stupid to follow the request without asking for court order, legal document, or anything to prove that there is copyright infringement case.

So I strongly encourage all of you to file a request with yahoo to remove all your rival websites. Yahoo will blindly remove them, in 48h. It's absolutely free! No string attached. Removal is GUARANTEED!!!

To remove your rivals, visit:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html

Or just drop an email with subject "remove rival.com" with blank body to

---

brandnewx, Apr 1, 2007 IP
    etali and LadyHoldem like this.
  2. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So are you going to retaliate?

khasmoth, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  3. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I detect a wee bit of sarcasm in this thread! :rolleyes:

I wonder if it is that easy to see that someone is removed from a search engine? If so, what recourse does the offended party have?

This could get ugly... :eek:

MattKNC, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  4. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    If my site is banned from google.com too, i'm going to retaliate. I'm going to sue this guy to pay for all the damages. How is it possible to force yahoo/google to reinclude my site through court order?

brandnewx, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  5. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that is really messed up and scary. Have you contacted Yahoo at all?

ninjashoes, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  6. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent two emails to Yahoo copyright department to appeal, and another two to ask for reinclusion.

This is scary indeed. The reason I'm posting my story here is to inform you guys that your rival can ask yahoo to remove your site by just making up copyright infringement case.

7. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes you so sure that you were removed because of copyright infringments and that your competitor reported you?

enQuira, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  8. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I dont think a rapid action will be taken by Yahoo Team. No one is stupid enough to remove some content for copyrights.

I own a yahoo word containing domain and even sent a fax to yahoo about it. They require complete proof of the copyright problem...

Its not child's play to get some site removed.

Yfcadmin, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  9. JoaT

JoaT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, the way DMCAs and Copyright claims work this can't be avoided.

However, under the DMCA when someone files one, you have the right to respond to it and declare under Penalty of Perjury that it is invalid. This will reverse the effects if the company properly follows the law and your listing should be re-instated. It is then the burden of the person filing the claim to get a legal court order proving their case. If they don't provide a court order within X days then they lose by default, basically.

I'm not a lawyer, I would check up to make sure this is still how it is.

JoaT, Apr 2, 2007 IP
    etali likes this.
  10. JoaT

JoaT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Btw, you could sue for damages if they illegaly filed one of these and caused you monetary loss.

JoaT, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  11. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    He first threatened me that I remove all the threads that give his site bad publicity, or they'll remove my site from SEs. Here is what the rival posted in forum shortly after my site was banned from yahoo:

Hi Scorpion. Did you notice that your site does not appear in Yahoo search results anymore? Yep. that was me. I contacted them and got your site removed from the search listings. I have also contacted Google and they will be removing your site from their listings also. Have a nice day asshole

12. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they require complete proof of the case. But after that they won't carefully verify that the your docs are valid or not. If they did, my site wouldn't have been banned, would it? It doesn't contain illegal, copyrighted materials. I--like you--used to think that no one was stupid enough to remove website for copyrights, but it was wrong.

13. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of content did you have that gave them bad publicity?

livingearth, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  14. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    And here it comes... of course we weren't told the whole truth from the start.

PoemofQuotes, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  15. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should forward his message to Yahoo and Google.

ablaye, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  16. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I did mention "rival". It should be a long story short. But if you want to see the long story, here it goes:

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/f...al-products/1390-conquest-expert-advisor.html

The thread was all about due diligence or a review on a product protraderforex.com sells. It turns out the product doesn't work like advertised. More importantly, their customers came to my site and shout "scam".

Ok, if you google "conquest expert advisor", my site ranked above protraderforex.com, AND we're exposing the very bad truth about the scam. It upsets them especially the owner, Richard Henry. He made up a story of copyright infringement by registering multiple aliases to upload faked files, shortly removed by mods, and blackmailed me that he would sue and ask SEs to remove my site from search indices, unless I removed all the threads or scam reports about his product. I refused to cooperate because I don't support scammer and more importantly I'm pro freedom of speech. Later on it turned out I got punished protecting "freedom of speech." My members and I have the right to exercise free speech.

It's just funny how yahoo handles this situation. And to prevent this life happening to me from Google side, I added a lot of "This site does NOT promote piracy. There is NO copyrighted file on fxfisherman.com" to existing posts, just in case some guy at Google want to do something stupid.

You can see from the thread or even cached page at Google that there has never been a pirated file uploaded. You'll see Richard Henry himself acting his drama in multiple aliases to scam and insult people.

brandnewx, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  17. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    umm... sounds real. Richard created a complete proof story to punish you out. Why don you do the same but registering a few more domains and try to publish some real article about you getting scammed ??

Yfcadmin, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  18. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    mad4, Apr 3, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  19. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's right .... brandnewx you can take action against him.

Yfcadmin, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  20. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Being banned from yahoo is not a big deal currently, as there're only few visitors coming from it, but if my site is banned from google.com, I'll take legal actions against him. I know who he is and where he lives. It's just to easy for me to make him suffer a lifetime and pay me the monetary losses by his actions.

And here's how yahoo replied back to me. <sarcasm>It's the most astounding, helpful reply ever.</sarcasm> Apparently, it's not coincident that yahoo ban was just a few days after that guy told me he had sent the copyright refringement complaint to yahoo. The hour my site was banned, he came to my forum to drop his insults. I applaud yahoo staff's intelligence.

Ok, i'm writing all of these to let you know that you can remove all your enemies from yahoo search in only 48 hours. That's GUARANTEED! You know why.

--

brandnewx, Apr 3, 2007 IP