1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove Pages will affect SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by YujinTan, Apr 11, 2022.

I plan to remove two pages from my site but I will not totally remove
    Means I remove these two pages from my site but inside my Wordpress I still have these pages inside.

So do I need to do any redirect? Or no need just don't remove the page inside my wordpress despite I remove from the site.

Hope you guys know what i means.

YujinTan, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always add redirects for any removed pages.

Oso Optimized, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  3. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    You want to remove old URL and make a new URL with that content right? If I'm right, you need to make a 301 redirects.

Ivan S, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  4. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are several types of redirects, but a 301 redirect is what’s called a permanent redirect, and this is what you should use when you redirect that deleted page URL to another URL. Using a 301 redirect means Google and other search engines will assign the link value of the old URL to the URL you redirected your visitors to.
    If there really is no alternative page on your site with that information, you need to ask yourself whether it’s better to delete it or keep it and improve it instead. But if you’re absolutely sure you want to delete it, make sure you send the proper HTTP header: a ‘410 content deleted’ header.
    The difference between a 404 and a 410 header is simple: 404 means “content not found”, 410 means “content deleted” and is, therefore, more specific. If a URL returns a 410, Google knows for sure you removed the URL on purpose and it should, therefore, remove that URL from its index much sooner.
    The problem with serving 410 content deleted headers is that Google’s support for it is incomplete. Sure, it will delete pages that serve a 410 from its index faster, but Google Search Console will report 410s under “Not found” crawl errors, just like 404s.

Deos, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  5. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    I read question once again, a d now i have feeling like you want two pages unpublish?

Please give us a clue on what you really intend to do, and what you wish happen next with those pages ?

Ivan S, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  6. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    he put the pages in draft
    Draft pages only logged in users can still see, google cant and will show 404 error code or page not found.

Deos, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  7. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry guy I mean , I already published these two pages and currently under my site menu.

I mean I plan to remove these pages take out from my site BUT I will retain these pages under All Pages inside my Wordpress,

so the questions,

- No need to do anything OR need to do a redirect on these two pages been taken out? Actually No need right? Because I never remove these two pages still inside my Wordpress under Published just that I remove it from my website Never display out.

YujinTan, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  8. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you just want to remove them from your navigation bar (main menu), you don't want to change their link structure right?
    If you don't change the link structure then no problem.

Deos, Apr 11, 2022 IP
  9. Peter Reinhard

Peter Reinhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the old pages don't bring in any traffic, they're wasting your crawl budget which in turn affects your SEO. Means you have to remove.

Peter Reinhard, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  10. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard about this term before. It makes logic, however. I'll remember it.

Ivan S, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add a redirect or otherwise it can affect a littlr bit your seo rankings as search engine will not understand what you do

Spartan14, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  12. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys , i just do a redirect.

YujinTan, Apr 14, 2022 IP
  13. radasko

radasko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is actually recommended that you delete web pages from your site. The presence of useless web sites in the SERPs can detract from your overall SEO efforts. Search engine algorithms have advanced significantly, and they now measure hundreds of indicators. When you have useless web pages show on the SERPs, you are actually hurting your site's overall and individual page CTR (click-through rate).

Furthermore, sending Google to low-quality pages may be a waste of crawl budget. "Low Quality" is a broad word, but a lack of internal connections on a page, for example, could indicate that Google isn't crawling all of your information properly.

Deleted pages, on the other hand, can have a negative impact on your SEO! If Page A receives link equity from Page B, but you delete Page B due to low traffic or because the content is obsolete, you may lose Page A rankings as a result of the deletion.

I hope this can help

radasko, Apr 14, 2022 IP
  14. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    I never remove the page link , means I do a redirect but the content all inside that page is gone.

YujinTan, Apr 14, 2022 IP
  15. chilirepublic

chilirepublic Banned

Best Answers:
    Request to remove, best option to remove content.

chilirepublic, Apr 16, 2022 IP
  16. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If is optimized for more Important and service oriented Content contains then it will affect SEO

Prasseo, Apr 21, 2022 IP
  17. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Permanent 301 redirects will do and this is also to transfer the link juice and traffic from the removed page/s. The landing page must be relevant and beneficial to the visitors.

KylieSweet, May 7, 2022 IP
  18. shaznjam

shaznjam Active Member

Best Answers:
    From Google point of view, redirect is better than 404 page not found

shaznjam, May 8, 2022 IP
  19. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Redirection will be the best solution.

Gamerseo, May 9, 2022 IP
  20. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just hide them from the site and if you also don't want to index them for SERP then just add noindex robot tag on the page or block the access from those pages from the robots.txt file.

Sumit_Singh, May 17, 2022 IP