1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removal from Google's Index - Recieved A message .

Discussion in 'Google' started by Horang007, Jun 30, 2009.

1. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    strange, never heard of google sending emails like that, are you sure it's not spam, or a prank ?

spyrit, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  2. furnacefiltersoutlet

furnacefiltersoutlet Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website, Furnace Filters Outlet, has web spam links linking to it in many Internet web forums. This is most likely the result of actions you, or an SEO firm you hired, have taken. Placing web spam links is in violation of Google's terms of service, and as a result your web site has been assigned a -50 search ranking penalty for a duration of 180 days. You are advised to cease this spamming activity and/or terminate the SEO firm you have hired to avoid extension and/or increase of your penalty.

Should you or your SEO firm remove all web spam links placed, you may submit a request for reconsideration at Google Webmaster Tools to remove the penalty prior to 180 days. Please be advised that you will be only given the opportunity to submit a reconsideration request once, and all web spam links recorded by our crawlers must be removed prior to submitting the reconsideration request, or your request will automatically be denied.

Please consult Google's terms of service prior to engaging in additional SEO activities.

This email is regarding a spam investigation resulting from a web spam complete we received. To report webspam, visit http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html

I got this email today from google. It says they are placeing a -50 penalty on me but it hasn't shown up. Why would they wait to do it when they could have just clicked a button and put me into the penalty?

Also they sent it to an email that isnt linked to google in anyway so I dont understand that either.

Anyone have any ideas?

furnacefiltersoutlet, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as i said above : are you sure it's not spam, or a prank ?.what's the email you received it from?

spyrit, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. furnacefiltersoutlet

Best Answers:

5. furnacefiltersoutlet

Best Answers:
    i just noticed that complaint is spelled wrong it says complete that doesnt seem right from a multi billion dollar company

6. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    I really hope that's fake, because the implications are scary. Were you using xrumer?

If this is real it goes against what google has said in the past, that you couldn't be deindexed or penalized by another party spamming your links. So effectively, if you've got a competitor that you don't like, you can do a couple xrumer blasts and get them taken out of the index.

This doesn't bode well

webtarded, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  7. iknownothing

iknownothing Peon

Best Answers:
    never hear of google sending webmasters email before, It could be a competitor who is peeved of with your links and ranking and wants you to remove them so you fall down the rankings

iknownothing, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  8. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At least they mail you the problem,they banned my site without tell a word:/

SEOBusiness, Jul 3, 2009 IP