1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remote Database Backup Error!!!

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by jmsuarez, Mar 9, 2007.

Hi,

My filemaker does local backup very good, but, when I configure filemaker in order to do database backup in remote partition, it doesn´t do.
    The error said "Server can´t find the partition", but the filemaker database server has connectivity with the machine that has the remote partition. It responses ping each other.

What happens???. Why can´t filemaker do database remote backup?

Please help me. Answer me.

Thanks

Jessica Suarez G.
    Guayaquil - Ecuador

jmsuarez, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Does your database server allow remote connections to your username?

Clive, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  3. jmsuarez

jmsuarez Peon

Best Answers:
    where?
    I configured remote administration required no password in admin./networking section in filemaker server console but it didn't work.

please help

Thanks

Jessica Suarez G.

jmsuarez, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is the remote volume mounted when FileMaker Server attempts to kick off the backup?

digitalpoint, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  5. jmsuarez

jmsuarez Peon

Best Answers:
    yes,

My windows finds the machine and access the shared volume when I browse the network with the explorer, but, filemaker doesn't find it.

Jessica

jmsuarez, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. tbohen

tbohen Peon

Best Answers:
    I had tried this years ago and gave up, for some reason filemaker doesnt like backing the files up to a file share. I just back them up each night to the local drive then use our backup software to backup the backed up files. Nice sentence :)

tbohen, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  7. kenth_s

kenth_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost every business data is much valuable so it need to preserve safely. So data backup system plays very important to ensure of data backup system.
    For those people who are on the lookout for a new NAS device which is suitable to be used for home or a small business, Synology NAS device can be one of the best products which can be taken into consideration. A Synology Server is a powerful Linux-based device designed for Network Attached Storage (NAS). It is very secure, reliable as well as affordable. Learn lot more about Synology NAS just jump out synologybackup.com
    Synology NAS is a great technology for the modern world. It’s a strong Linux based system. There are so many advantages of using Synology NAS.

kenth_s, Mar 7, 2012 IP