1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remnant Traffic - What does it mean?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 3mice, May 19, 2008.

I've come across this word "remnant traffic" where people are discussing CPM and CPA networks. What does it mean? And i hear its very cheap coz if its costs a fraction of what you will pay for the published rates on CPA networks for advertisers

Thanks

3mice, May 19, 2008 IP
  2. adamv

adamv Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard that term before but it seems like sort of an oxymoron. I mean "remnant" is something left over. Does anyone really have any left over traffic. It's like "spare change". Change is money too. I never have any spare money.

Whatever the term means I would be shocked if "remnant traffic" = high quality targeted traffic. I don't think that's what it is. :)

adamv, May 21, 2008 IP
  3. newbie82

newbie82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Remnant traffic is pretty much the term for unsold traffic. Remnant is the secondary campaigns that just pretty much increase your fill rate.

newbie82, May 21, 2008 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    It's when you buy space for your ad in a site at a discount. It's at a discount because that webmaster can't fill, sell, all of his space with ads, so he settles selling you his space at a discount. It's remnant, left-over space, therefore you are getting remnant traffic.

Its definition really doesn't make sense, because the traffic itself isn't left over, but it seems that people have to slap a term on EVERYTHING.

Perry Rose, May 21, 2008 IP
  5. Svetlana Prokhorova

Svetlana Prokhorova Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

Remnant traffic - inventory that remains unsold right before it is about to be used and thus often sold at a discount at the last minute.

Svetlana Prokhorova, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  6. Svetlana Prokhorova

Best Answers:
    Try to google this word "remnant traffic" and you can see that Fidelity Media Brand Safe Remnant Traffic Network is one of the most relevant network to monetize your unsold inventory. Our mission is to rise up fill rate of every website's available advertising inventory for its fair market value.
    How does Fidelity Media work:

- purchases your remnant inventory on 60/40 revenue share basis;
    - up to 100% fill rate for UK, US, CA, Europe (including Eastern Europe countries) traffic;
    - NET 30 terms;
    - no minimum limit for publishers payouts.

Welcome to join Fidelity Media. Please feel free to sign up here: http://fidelity-media.com/signup/register.php

Thanks,
    Svetlana Prokhorova
    Fidelity Media

Svetlana Prokhorova, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  7. Svetlana Prokhorova

Best Answers:
    By the way, the second result for "remnant traffic" in Yahoo search is a good article on ezinearticles.com "What is "remnant traffic", and why it is good for advertising?" giving you the most comprehensive definition for remnant traffic.
    Here is the direct link to the article:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Online-Advertising:-Remnant-Traffic&id=5124760

I believe you find it useful.

Svetlana Prokhorova, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  8. husteen

husteen Peon

Best Answers:
    i think google would give you a better explanation.

husteen, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  9. Svetlana Prokhorova

Best Answers:
    Please see my previous post. I've already googled it =) The most popular result for "remnant traffic" in Google is Fidelity Media - Brand Safe Remnant traffic network =)

Svetlana Prokhorova, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  10. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Possibly traffic that didn't complete a lead or purchase, and would like to redirect them to something else

golfpro1, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  11. jensonn

jensonn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for good explanations guys. I have seen this term in use of CPI. So I am trying to figure out the meaning in the CPI.

jensonn, Jul 15, 2014 IP