1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remember the FREE .Info deal?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by M_Hannan, Oct 5, 2005.

Hello,

I guess pretty much everyone here remember here the Free .info domain giveway good ol' days..

well, not it has become a pian for me.. i did take advantage of the deal.. but now its about time to renew most of my domains!

Any suggestions where i could get the cheapest deal to have em transferred for the renewal at the same time?

I see namechap.com sells info for $2.88 these days and Registerfly $2.99 but for transfers of .infos cost same as buying a new .com!!

your expert opinions and advices will be highly appreciated..

thanks in advance for all your help..

M_Hannan, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, that was the whole point of them giving away the domains. I'm letting all but two expire, I don't really have any use for them.

mopacfan, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I did not get any. Expected this. I do not take free domains with hosting accounts for same reason.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  4. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I renewed 75 of them, each one has made me more than enough profits to justify the expense. :)

petertdavis, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  5. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I use DynaDot.com for all my domains. I have around 40 or so with them. I have 9 with namecheap. DynaDot is same pricing as anyone else, but offer the best customer service of any site I have found. You will most likely not find anyone that is transferring domains for less than the standard $6.95 to 8.95.

good luck

Kevin

TheNetCode, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  6. admans

admans Peon

Best Answers:
    I was late to grab the free domains.....but i have good amount of them now and they making good revenue to lets say ...justify there renewal.

admans, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    All domains will justify their investment if you put the effort into developing them. That is the problem with many, they do not know how to get their domains known.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  8. cpmx

cpmx Peon

Best Answers:
    Part of the deal with some registrars was that they registered the name for the first year with registrar lock, then at the second year you'll have to pay the fee with them, because you can't transfer the domain to another registrar. Perhaps this is your case.

cpmx, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  9. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds pretty plausible. I believe that when registering a new domain that is free from now on I would check their price in the second year to make sure that it would not be just cheaper to have put it at another provider over the two year span.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  10. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    me too :)

How much is $2.88 anyway...?

DomainMagnate, Oct 18, 2005 IP