1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remarketing campaign lost many impressions

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Gigante, Mar 6, 2017.

Hello,

I've searched all over the place for this topic and i still couldn't find a perfect answer.

I had like 6000 daily impressions on my remarketing campaign and i added three responsive ads to that campaign and the impressions went to 0.

That's fixed i removed two responsive ads, remaining with only one responsive ad but now i have around 500 impressions per day.

I also added a folder on my web server for testing new page layouts which had a file with the same html tag for adwords as the default index page. I also removed that folder.

Apart from those changes i didn't change anything else before the crash on my impressions.

I would appreciate if someone had a clue on what might be wrong.

Best regards and thanks!

Gigante, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  2. VictMarketing

VictMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it is possible to help you without looking into your adwords account, not even mention the website
    Victorious Marketing

VictMarketing, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  3. Gigante

Gigante Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand that and I'm sorry.
    The website is https://eurogrip.pt

Gigante, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Gigante.

Remarketing ads are no different than search, display or PLA ads. There is a quality score attached to them. This helps Google show the best ads which means those that get more clicks. A higher click rate means more money for Google and the publishers on their network.

My guess is your quality is not that good and hence, your ads are shown less often. Don't forget too about your bid which along with quality, affects your ranking. Your quality may be good but other advertisers have better ad ranking with their bids. Again, because of that, your ads may be shown less often.

By the way, even if you use keywords, a display campaign (which is what a remarketing campaign is) does not show a QS. Instead, look at the Relative CTR (campaign level metric) to give you an idea of how well you are doing. It's a relative measure, just like QS, and the average is 1.0 so obviously, you want a number higher than that. If below, not good and you need better creative or better targeting.

I do know that for display campaigns, the same thing happens. Impressions start high the first day or so and may drop off. The reason is that the system, in order to quickly gather data for the Relative CTR calculation, shows ads as much as possible. It then falls into a normal distribution based on your quality. The same may be true for a remarketing campaign, I'm not sure but would not be surprised. So that could be more the reason rather than poorer quality.

Finally, are these image or text ads? Most sites display only one image ad so it's harder to get an ad ranking to consistently be the only one being shown. What I said above still applies however: the system shows your ad more at first to determine your quality and if it's poorer, it makes it hard to get any impressions even if you bid very high. Same with text ads but at least there's usually more than one being shown on a page so you can more easily slip in there.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  5. Gigante

Gigante Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, thanks for the answer.

I'm currently using a image ad and a responsive ad.

My budget for the display campaign is 4€

Thank you for helping!

Gigante, Mar 8, 2017 IP