1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Relying Soley On Article Marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by HiddenCrimson, Jul 11, 2008.

Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum and doing a lot of research about affiliate marketing for the past few weeks. After looking over the different methods of affiliate marketing, article marketing seems to be something that I would enjoy doing. I have a question about this though. Is it realistic to make a decent amount of money through the use of article marketing?

Also, I would like to see if my current understanding of article marketing is accurate. From what I have gathered from reading here you should first write an article and publish it to an article directory such as Ezine. This article should revolve around a specific niche but not the product itself. Then you should redirect the potential customer to a "landing page" which can be a unique domain, blog, Hubpages, Squidoo, etc..This landing page should be more focused on the product itself and include an affiliate link somewhere on the page. Hopefully, the customer will leave the landing page and go to the product page.

This is my understanding of the process. Any feedback would be much appreciated as I am ready to take article marketing seriously.

HiddenCrimson, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  2. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you write 2-4 articles a day and have a good landing page you can make almost 2,000 dollars a month

hornetss, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  3. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, first of all I thank you very much for your response. Secondly, is my understanding of the process correct. Also, when you say right 2 to 4 articles do you mean about one product? So basically 1 landing page and numerous articles that pertain to your niche.

4. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you understood everything right. I would first start off by making 1 niche then a couple weeks in make you second landing page for a different niche. Try to write as many articles as you can. I write 2 articles for each of my niches every day. Always tweak you landing pages to try to improve conversions

hornetss, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  5. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    I've already submitted an article to Ezine which is pending review. Are there any other reputable article directories I should be using?

6. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You write as many articles as you can, for each niche you are promoting per day.

So far, you’ve got the process right, but I didn't see you make any mention of "keyword research"?

blaine78, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  7. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    What does keyword research entail? This is one area where I am a bit confused about. I am aware of such tools as Google Labs but I don't really understand what this can help me with other than gauging the amount of competition. Also, any other article directories to submit articles to?

8. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It’s best to focus solely on Ezine Articles for now, because it ranks better than any other article directory out there.
    I've had good success with Article Dashboard, but I still focus most of my effort on Ezine.

9. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    And keyword research?

10. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
  11. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think If you haven't read this, you should read it. It's for anyone who wants to use Article marketing as their primary way to promote.
    It's a free report. http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/

12. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, thanks for the tips. I'll look into this stuff.

13. jj407

jj407 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say that is a pretty good explanation/summary of the process, yes.
    Best of luck to you.

jj407, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  14. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    I just read that Bum Marketing report and I am very impressed with how useful the information he gave is. Most of the time these internet "gurus" show but rarely tell. I really liked this guy's realistic approach and honesty.

15. anil595

anil595 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Educate yourself ,Information is free here in online.

anil595, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  16. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, he breaks it down and make it so simple to understand.

I hope you spend some time playing around with the keyword tools and get feel of them, especially the google tool.
    They are going to be your best friend along with Ezine in helping you to succeed with Bum Marketing.

17. RTR

RTR Peon

Best Answers:
    Great information, guys. I'm ready to recouperate and launch a new campaign, personally, directed towards a new niche. I've been doing things all wrong - i.e. direct linking, wrong niche, high refund products, not doing enough keyword research, etc. I think I'm ready to start over clean thanks to everyone's advice. I wish you the best, Crimson. There's money being made out there - I can see that already having made a few sales not even marketing correctly. Let's go get our share.

RTR, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  18. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I trying out something that they were talking about in another thread. I'm going to search for a very low cost product to promote from a decent nich...something below $10 and see how well it will do with i'ts low price.

19. RTR

RTR Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing on that is I couldn't see myself promoting a product for $7.50 commision (if you even get 75%), then giving Clickbank their stupid 10% = $6.50 per sale. I'd have to see 10 sales a day on that product fast to keep me motivated.

RTR, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  20. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's all just apart of the different trial and error that i'm doing, but I've never gone below $20 before. I just think it's worth ago, especially if you can get 5-10 sales per day.