1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Religion, the truth or a horrible lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by birdsfly, Jun 29, 2007.

1. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pfft st0x, I have witnessed people telling this to children first hand...This is usually how the conversation goes...

Child: "Daddy, what happens if I don't believe in Jesus?"
    Dad: "Well son/darling, you'll go to hell!"

Plus, I think I was taught this in RE (Religious Education) back when I was a little kid.

Anyway, if kids aren't told DIRECTLY that they'll go to hell for not believing in Jesus, then they usually find out some other way (e.g. off TV....I remember watching an episode of the Simpsons where Lisa didn't want to believe in god and she was told that she would go to the "fiery pits of hell").

Lol.

birdsfly, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  2. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, Cheap, there is still massive debate within the Christian community over who Jesus ACTUALLY IS (by the way if you think I'm lying you can witness it first hand by downloading "Paltalk", it's one of the featured rooms on their program and has at least 50 people debating the topic at any one time). I think this is caused because of the fact that people simply interpret the bible differently...You can't expect 2 billion people to pick up a book and interpret every single word of it exactly the same as the next person (and if you say that it's possible then I'll lol at you and tell you to commence some scientific experiments on it).

Yeah, so that's my 2 cents for now.

birdsfly, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  3. spoiledpups

spoiledpups Peon

Best Answers:
    spoiledpups, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually 2500 years ago the Buddha, using logic and reason, made a case why a god cannot exist. He did so in a way similar to modern day authors (but without the animosity). The Buddha also made a case why it is honourable to support others in their beliefs. It was not in his interests to "convert" anyone.

Buddhism is probably the exception to the rule that religion = god. Although its arguable that Buddhism, at least at its origins, is a religion at all.

lanmonkey, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  5. turbosatan

turbosatan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i still say its a horrible lie

we invented all this yet people seem to be so far gone they just dont want to admit that they have dedicated half their lives (not to mention wages) to some complete bullshit story someone thought up a few thousand years ago.

i feel sorry for people who follow religions. i wish i could help them but they just dont want to be helped.

turbosatan, Oct 14, 2008 IP