1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Religion, the truth or a horrible lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by birdsfly, Jun 29, 2007.

Many people (including myself) are becoming atheists because of the realization of the stupidity and nonsense of the bible. I do not mean to cause any harm to members of DP or hurt their religious feelings, it's simply my opinion. The bible has so many contradictions and unbelievable things in it that I just find it as hard to believe as Santa Clause or the tooth fairy.

For all christians, before replying in your usual blinded anger, please read and answer these very smart questions http://www.religionisbullshit.net/christianquestion.php on this website. I have seen many shows and documentaries which prove (using evidence of a scientific nature) many parts of the bible wrong, such as: "Jesus rose from the dead" - We all know that this is impossible, and other things such as when mary died her body floated up to heaven (which was added into the bible something like 250 years after her death) - We all know that bodies cannot float up into the sky....

I just want people thoughts on this...please don't post in blind anger, I understand that many people believe in a certain religion and I respect that, but I have just the same right to believe that religion is wrong :) Thanks.

birdsfly, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    jimmifli likes this.
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I Agree with you, i dont believe any religion, but i dont hate it either, just dont have any opinion about it, if someone chooses to follow a certain religion it is their personal choice.

This thread probably better suited to P&R

mitcharr, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  3. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    whats P and R if you dont mind me asking, thanks.

pr0xy122, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  4. Els1

Els1 Guest

Best Answers:
    im 100% for religion go the maronites :D

Els1, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  5. karl turnbull

karl turnbull Peon

Best Answers:
    politics & religion ;) and yes this thread should be in there

karl turnbull, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  6. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh, sorry guys, I only realized after I'd posted....can someone move it? Any mods :S?

birdsfly, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  7. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. Religion was created in the early times to answer questions that humans had, and therefore people turned to it to answer these questions. Now that we have technology and concrete facts, though, religion isn't necessary. I mean, if you want to waste your time praying and attending church, then by all means go ahead.

Computerized, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  8. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Religion was as computerized said an explanation for the unexplained which has unfortunately carried on into todays society despite scientific evidence proving many of the principles of religion incorrect.

9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Reported to mods, will be moved to P&R as soon as they see it..

The Webmaster, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Religion is what idiots used to use to explain why the sun came up in the morning, Why the stars seemed to move, Why the crops grew and any other occurance, Which we fully understand today, But they had no idea about.

It's just a shame we seem to have an equal number, Or greater, Of idiots around today who still believe in invisible men and magic.

Watch this
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2aW2N46vf4Q

It explains how a lot of religions believe thier deity died for three days and rose because as summer time ends the sun becomes lower in the sky, Then appears to be stationary for three days before becoming higher in the sky as the days become longer. The death, 3 day wait and resurection.

It explains why most religions have a holy day on Dec 25th because orions belt (three kings) aligns with sirius (the star in the east) and the rising sun align on Dec 25th.

It explains why most religions have 12 deciples of followers because of the 12 signs of the zodiac.

Christianity and other religions have more to do with astrology, paganism and Egypt than anything else. The ten commandments is lifted practically word for word from the book of the dead.

stOx, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  11. grandad

grandad Peon

Best Answers:
    See the trouble is that so-called christian religious groups have been making all sorts of claims ever since Christ Jesus died and was resurrected to heaven but that doesn't make the bible wrong!
    For example nowhere in the bible does it say that Mary's body floated up to heaven - what it does say is that 'flesh and blood cannot inherit God's Kingdom', so not only is the idea that a body goes up to heaven ridiculous, it is also unscriptural i.e. not what the bible says.

Over the years the churches have presented miss-information and outright lies just to be popular, many teachings of conventional churches are totally against what the bible has to say.

So don't condemn the book people, condemn those who misrepresent it.

Oh and as for so-called Youtube 'experts' on religion, well really!

grandad, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Saying you don't believe the Bible because you don't believe in miracles is like saying you reject farmers because you don't believe in corn.

It has nothing to do with anything.

Saying the Bible contradicts itself is an easy claim to make but so far any attempts to prove that have simply shown that people can't read and understand a book that was written for the common man. Not scholars.

Until you can scientifically prove what is moral and ethical science is insufficient for society.

KalvinB, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Science may be insufficient for you, But some of us have no problem with it, Of course, We probably understand it a lot better than the average bible reader. It's probably best that you stick to books written for "the common man".

Besides, You are the one making the claims, The burden of proof is on you.

stOx, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  14. grandad

grandad Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, bible's author was the greatest scientist ever!

grandad, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  15. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. We may still not have all the answers but it's no reason to make them up.

eXe, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  16. LaneyHosting

LaneyHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a somewhat Christian, and I believe that my religion along with ALL others are complete B.S. I don't see why however that if you disagree with a religion you have to become athiest.

Tomorrow I could not believe in Jesus Christ and I'd be fine, because I'd still believe in God. To me not believing in some sort of God is absurd.

LaneyHosting, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  17. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice thread, imho religion is for weak ppl, and I doubt if children since when they are born wouldnt be brainwashed by their parents, become religious.

N_F_S, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  18. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. They'd probably laugh at the ridiculous premise if they weren't brainwashed at an impressionable age.

eXe, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  19. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Religion isnt for weak people and the religious people are not idiots. Its all a matter of how they were brought up, if they have been told ever since they were a child that there is a god then they will beleive it very much as we have been told that drugs are bad most of us are indeed aware of this fact.

20. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    god is a drug. One of the most powerful.

Do you see many cokeheads who go to the same place for an hour a week to sway back and forth, speak in tongues, then throw a beach ball around while crying about their week's sins?

Or is it perhaps that the cokeheads are no longer cokeheads but now simply reborns?

LinkSales, Jun 29, 2007 IP