1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reliable hosting for low traffic/resource usage under $10/mo?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by _sonia_, Aug 7, 2014.

Hi Guys
    I am looking forward to host my company's website on a host that would be reliable with good services.
    Requirements:
    - couple of .com Domains unto 5 years ( websites for domains )
    - Requires a host that loads the images/page faster ( as i will be having high quality Images or may be videos )
    - will be having low traffic around 100 views per month
    - will host 2 websites on it.
    - would require around 2 GB space for each site.

Please tell me a good relaible host. Budget under $10/month.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    _sonia_, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For that budget you should have absolutely no troubles finding a good host. Your requirements are pretty basic so it will all come down to side factors, like Customer Service for example. Now this is something that can make or break a host, especially if you are a novice user that would need the occasional support. So my advice would be to check a few forums (WebHostingTalk is very good in that regard) and see their Offers sections, there are many reliable hosts out there. Once you shortlist a few, try their Live Chat, speak with their representatives, see how knowledgeable they are, how clear and easy to understand and how can they help with your particular project. Its best to steer away from EIG owned hosts, as their quality has deteriorated very much over the last couple of years. Do not be mislead by many reviews as they mostly indicate which host best pays their affiliates.

As for the website speed, remember that its not only your host that influences how fast your pages are loaded. If your site is badly coded, uses too much resources, has too many plugins to slow it down etc. you will have troubles even with the fastest host in the world. A good idea might be to test a few. Just make sure the chosen hosts have a good refund policy (best is to have a 30 days moneyback guarantee) so you can upload your website in a few places as a test. You would have plenty of time to see how good they perform and choose one at the end. The others you simply cancel within the 30 days and get your money back.

Hope that helps ;)

Rado_ch, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  3. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    If hosting videos on the server is a possibility make sure to confirm with the provider that it is allowed as whilst we allow it, many don't.

Other than that, you should be fine. Before you do select a provider make sure to check for reviews and do a little research to make sure you end up with the right provider :).

Good luck!

HostDash, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  4. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest looking for a Xen VPS. You will get good, reliable performance for less than $10/mo, which won't cause any problems that many cheap hosts can cause.

Gaiacom_LC, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  5. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your budget is $10, then you can test reliable unlimited hosting from Fatcow company as it suits both beginners and hosting professionals.

As far as I remember ( when I last cooperated with them), the support response time is usually less than 3 minutes and the site performance is better than on GD for example.

Opinions differ of course, but I guess that with your budget that would be a good choice.

hosting_spec80, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  6. HostDash

Best Answers:
    With the expected traffic is a VPS really justified here? Don't forget to take into account proper server management (if the OP isn't sure on how to) and possible control panel fees etc

HostDash, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  7. TheFall

TheFall Banned

Best Answers:
    For that price I'd recommend thcservers.com solutions. They have stable plans and great performance. Support is available all round the clock.

TheFall, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  8. Sammi Rose

Sammi Rose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will recommend Softsys Hosting for the task in your required budget. Best Quality web hosting solutions plus Techsupport services.

Sammi Rose, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  9. obay

obay Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

For this budget you got no problems what so ever, we have SSD powered servers w/ 4GB space, 80GB bandwidth, unlimited account functions and features. All for £4.50/mo

http://www.myserverplanet.com/web-hosting.php
    Let me know, I am willing to provide discounts :)

obay, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  10. HostDash

Best Answers:
    They're not really more green than the next web host. Looking at their website they point out they use a remote work force, electronic invoices to save paper etc all of which, other hosting providers also do. We do it for example.

HostDash, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  11. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for solid hosting at a very decent price, I've worked with ahosting.net and never had any problems and they also specialize in video hosting. You could also check out someone like Dreamhost. I would avoid EIG companies, but that's just a personal thing.

SlimCharles47, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  12. Teodor

Teodor Banned

Best Answers:
    You can also give netyep.com a try as all of their work is based on quality.
    I also like their pricing for such feature-rich web hosting packages.
    Glad I decided to host my web site with this decent company.

Teodor, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  13. oddfodder

oddfodder Peon

Best Answers:

Hi,

I've had really good luck with quixxo.com. I also have a low traffic site and it's been fast, reliable, and easy to set up (I pay $6.99/month). I love that they do free support the 3rd-party open source apps I download through them (like wordpress) which was always a problem for me with other hosts (for instance, I'd download a free shopping cart solution but could never get the thing to work). At quixxo, they help me with wordpress, the shopping cart software, the newsletter software - it's pretty cool.

Hope this helps,

Oddfodder

oddfodder, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  14. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    $10 Would be a good enough Budget but i would suggest buying domains for yourself which would be hardly 10$ a year rather then buying it as Package since that would make you domain associated with the hosting only and might be a issue tomorrow when you want to migrate.

You mention High quality Images and video. I hope it doesn't involve too much of streaming, If your using too much of bandwidth then a shared hosting might not meet your needs. Anyways i would suggest you Consider Site5.

Cloudcandy Host, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  15. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choose A Small Orange hosting. I have been using their services for a long time. Never experienced downtime and website loads very quickly. Choose small or medium plan and use the coupon code to get 25% Special off.

BrandDoctor, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  16. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot to inform, using a small orange, you get 1 free domain and also if you choose annual plan you get 2 months free along with the coupon code of 25% off.

BrandDoctor, Sep 6, 2014 IP
  17. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Under $10 is a competitive price range for a high quality shared plan that should meet all of your required needs. Check to see how your top choices are performing on uptime and service response times. It is good to also select a company that offers live chat, phone support and a ticketing system so when you need help you won't be waiting.

JPC-Sabrina, Sep 10, 2014 IP