1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

registrar problems

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nevetS, Aug 16, 2005.

My registrar currently is stargate. I found them a long while back when they offered great pricing and almost no features, but they were a perfect alternative to NetSol.

They've gone through some upgrades over the years that have been mildly painful - changing the way things work just enough that I had no idea how to do anything. (and we're talking domain registration here, not calculus). I've been patient, but growing wary.

They also started sending out e-mails to all my registrants offering renewal and hosting deals. If I was into reselling this would have made me really angry, but since all my registrants are me, I just ended up with a flood of stargate spam which still is annoying, but at least I wasn't losing any customers to them.

Then about a month and a half or two months ago, I logged in to check on some domain renewal dates and lo and behold - system upgrade. Nobody can get in. So I try back two days later. Guess what - my account was gone. Apparently, they abandoned the idea of bulk accounts. So how was I supposed to log in? How was I supposed to use the money on deposit with them? These are questions that took me 45 days to get an answer to.

I actually went to the courthouse yesterday to file papers to sue them. I left one final voice mail (which was not returned), and left one final request in the support queue - filling them in on the fact that they were being sued and I was going to launch an online consumer awareness campaign. Only then did they finally restore my account.

Now that I finally have my account back, I'm going to spend my remaining credits on renewals and transfer all my domains to probably e-nom since they have an API that i can work with on future domain reselling projects.

Does anybody have anything to say about e-nom? Good or bad?

Since I have so much credit, it's likely I'm going to renew several of my key domains for 10+years (whatever the limit is) - is there any problem in transferring a domain with such a long period before expiration?

nevetS, Aug 16, 2005 IP