1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Registrar/DNS Management of .de Domain Names?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by NAZAM.COM, Feb 4, 2006.

Does anybody know of English language domain registrars which accept .de domain names and offer comprehensive DNS Management and Web Forwarding with meta-tags?

Also, can some geek please explain this in layman language:

One of the requirements of DENIC, who oversee .de domain names, is that "you need Nameservers in 2 different class-c nets". Is that simply two different sets of nameservers in most cases?

Cheers :)

NAZAM.COM, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In plain girl language that does not undertand exactly how it works, my own .de domain is setup like this:

1.- It is registered at Godaddy
    2.- It requires a German administrative contact provided by them
    3.- It requirees the use of Godaddy Nameservers
    4.- In order to use apply your hosting settings, you need to use the advanced DNS interface and setup the A records to the IP of your hosting company.
    5.- It is said it requires a set of 2 different IP's but I have the A records pointing to a unique IP and the domain is working that way displaying my hosted content.

Through United-Domains this is even easier to manage but all in German and providing only URL forwarding and easy redirection, however if you need DNS settings they do all the work for you at not charge if you fax them back the request form.

Mystique, Feb 4, 2006 IP