1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Register the domain name .com domain

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by ryukenden, Dec 12, 2007.

1. directorysubmission00

directorysubmission00 Banned

Best Answers:
    no i think this is good.Its a tonne easier to get ranked for a keyword if its you domain.Submit it to directories and use the keywords register the domain name

the link in my sig may be useful to you

directorysubmission00, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. ryukenden

ryukenden Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestions.

ryukenden, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  3. qeorge

qeorge Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with these guys, I don't think its valuable unless you develop it and get search traffic.

Easy way to know though, is it getting any incidental traffic now? My guess would be no.

I think you'll have a hard time finding a buyer for this domain, but maybe you yourself can use it.

qeorge, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  4. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should develop it. I think this domain would rank very well and you can make a lot of $$$ from ads.

inaga, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  5. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    $50 max value.

live-cms_com, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  6. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    How much type in traffic are you getting to this domain? (excluding referrals from DP).
    That will give you an idea of its keyword potential. Even better would be to SEO, get backlinks, generate traffic & then sell.

tobycoke, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  7. deltrumweb

deltrumweb Banned

Best Answers:
    I own hosttheinternet.com and have been offered $xxx for it in the past. I would say it is worth the same. Chances are you will not get hits from type-ins however you do have popular keywords and will undoubtedly get traffic from this.....but remember, your domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it !

deltrumweb, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  8. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ryukenden , take few examples of registered domain names with all words from a targeted keyphrase and do a google search. How many of these domain names are showing up first ?

I made some research, and i found that keyword in the domain names will help you for getting traffic from search engines, but only for keywords with low competition. For example, i had a website: "Windows Monitor" where i posted few articles about everything, and i was getting few visitors from keyphrase "hardware monitor" without having "monitor" in my articles.

In the long you can't see the benefit of this domain name, and if you want to make it big, your visitors will not come back, how they will remember that it wasn't registerthedomainnames.com ? or registerthedomain.com ? or registerthedomains.com ? Your visitors will look only one second to your title, in a second they can't remember 4 words. Few of the worlds most valuable brands are: Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Apple. Those words don't mean anything, but they are easy to remember, other examples can be godaddy, amazon which are not among most valuable brands, but they are first in their category.

For search engine traffic, it will help a little, but when thing get competitive, your domain name will not make any difference. I rank number 3 for a keyphrase having only initials in domain name.

And, for your visitors, when they search for your keyphrase, it is better to see an easy to remember 1-2 words brand, than anotherwebsitebuiltonlytogetsomeofsearchenginejuiceandthendissaperainthewwwtrash.com . Do you think that they will waste their precious time to read that ?

If you want to monetize it, you can try to sell it to a dumb with money who think that this domain name will rank well in the search engine without any efforts. If you are lucky you can get good money. If you want to work on it, after all work done getting it high, you will don't want to sell it anymore because you will not get more money than any other domain name, and you will realize that what i said before is true, and you should have got a good domain name. Or you can realize this if you read some articles or books about internet branding. There is a book called: "11 laws of internet branding" or something like this, it comes at a bonus when buying "the 22 immutable laws of branding". I can't remember the author right now, but if you want to read it, let me know and i will find out.

thedark, Dec 30, 2007 IP
    dman_2007 likes this.
  9. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent post, +rep

dman_2007, Dec 30, 2007 IP