1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

register domain with fake details

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gothic love, Apr 1, 2010.

1. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    In registering domains, I use my correct name but change some details with my address -- is this alright?

theAdviserMe, May 1, 2010 IP
  2. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that's ok, don't worry :)

dlatua, May 1, 2010 IP
  3. 008

008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have registered a Domain with fake info 24 hours ago (I didn't know its illegal! :( ) its still pending (not available yet) I'm not like, criminal or spammer but I don't want to show my real id, what do you suggest so I don't lose my Domain. should I transfer it to a service like name.com , how much they cost you for transfer?

Can I provide in info a unknown country so they couldn't authenticate my ID?
    Is there a service so I can transfer my Domain there and they don't care about my real ID?

008, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  4. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    your domain is still able to active even you provide fake details but the risk is when you gonna make change anything on the TLD domain admin details or switch admin. You will have the trouble to prove that you are the real owner. Even when you sell people will not believe you cause the details is not accurate.
    Whois ID usually you can get it real cheap or just go with other registrar that provide free whois id protection.

JerrickYeoh, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  5. cochisetm

cochisetm Member

Best Answers:
    Seems most people want to promote registrars here, and not actually answer your question. As some people have stated, it is a violation of ICANN rules (and therefore a violation of registrar terms) to register a domain with false information. As of right now, most registrars don't verify identity unless they are compelled to via an ICANN complaint over false WHOIS data, and, even then, there is still not much in the way of actual verification. This is all subject to change in the coming year as ICANN adopts new policies and procedures requiring registrars to validate WHOIS data. This will have far-reaching impact and is something domain registrants should be aware of.

cochisetm, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  6. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have experienced one of my domain who got email for suspension domain account due to wrong whos info, Put original who is but hide it by paying Godaddy extra fee for hiding whois.

OSSEO, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  7. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would be amazed to see that registering domain with fake details is more common than you think.

This can be found when you do a whois search for a given domain and finds that the owner (if not protected by privacy) has given as address "stairs to heaven" or any other nonsense detail.

Whatever is your payment menthod, this has nothing to do with the whois details. Godaddy (or any other registrar) will fill in the whois details with those you enter in, real or fake.

Here the problem is that ICANN sends eventually an email that you need to click on to confirm your whois details and with it your ownership, and this is the eventual risk, that you lose may lose your domain if someone tries to get it and uses your fake details as a proof that you (your real self) are not the owner.

Mystique, Jun 7, 2013 IP